Miscellaneous > Logged in diaries

VAWT backyard experiements

<< < (45/45)

JW:
Flavio we have like 5 admins give them a chance to reply.

Bruce S:
JW;
From reading these most recent posts, I think he's more apt to listen to Flavio than either me, Mary or any other.

I applaud Flavio for trying and reminding him.

Bruce S

brandnewb:
Friends,

This is just me being miserable.

Let me find the most correct words to say what need to be said. And even now I am sure I will screw this up.

In essence.

I think this is the best place to share knowledge.

In practice:
I get my feathers ruffled at times as there are respected players here that know soo much more than I ever will yet leave me hanging.
Now that introduces my pride mechanism.
I do not care about being wrong at times. that does not influence my pride.

All I'd lie to make knows is that I care about this forum and that I am willing to stick my neck out to make it thrive again.

With no strings attached other than that the one holding the strings is one I feel confident in.

Now I will go into hibernation here. As I do not wish to fuffle feathers just for the fuffle.

We will meet again in the future and I will still love you.

Remember in where I had in mind this meeting in person? In where I will shake your hand and give this nod of respect?

kind regards

Mary B:

--- Quote from: brandnewb on May 01, 2024, 01:36:45 PM ---Friends,

This is just me being miserable.

Let me find the most correct words to say what need to be said. And even now I am sure I will screw this up.

In essence.

I think this is the best place to share knowledge.

In practice:
I get my feathers ruffled at times as there are respected players here that know soo much more than I ever will yet leave me hanging.
Now that introduces my pride mechanism.
I do not care about being wrong at times. that does not influence my pride.

All I'd lie to make knows is that I care about this forum and that I am willing to stick my neck out to make it thrive again.

With no strings attached other than that the one holding the strings is one I feel confident in.

Now I will go into hibernation here. As I do not wish to fuffle feathers just for the fuffle.

We will meet again in the future and I will still love you.

Remember in where I had in mind this meeting in person? In where I will shake your hand and give this nod of respect?

kind regards

--- End quote ---

All you have to do is collect your thoughts for the day in a wordpad document(or other form, pick an editor) then edit it so it makes sense THEN make one post a day instead of shotgun posts all over the place that are disjointed and impossible to follow. So simple and what I do when working on a large project.

brandnewb:
I have come to the following realization.

That a direct drive in the context of a slow spinning turbine (because of the large diameter and the fact that the blades are pure drag types) is really hard to pull off.

Far harder than I care to entertain at the moment.

It is will involve either or both;

* Increase the PMA diameter by a lot so that the angular velocity increases and that must surly be in some way expressible as inertial/kinetic energy. Make it large enough (like a 100 meter radius) and then even 0.001 RPM will translate into insane power.

* Make use of core enhanced coils to increase the attraction between the electromagnets (coils) and the rotor permanent magnets and thus harvesting more energy from the torque of the turbine while it overcomes the electromagnetical resistance of the PMA to rotate.

Both are out of my wheelhouse as of yet.

And lets not forget that if the PMA ends up being too powerful for it's intended operation range which is anything from 3m/s till maybe 9m/s maximum. Then it might never get up to speed as the PMA then slows the turbine down too much acting like a break even though the coils are not shorted..

Anyway. I am pleased to show and tell that I still listen to Mary. So I vowed to stop measuring for now and just build as to not end up paralyzed in analyzes.

it is not a 1 to 4 increase. nee

then what is it?

a 1 to 7 ratio?

neee

my lord. a 1:11?
BINGO!!!!!

You see that is the only way I can make sense of it.

There is just not enough energy available in a slow moving disk, of but 660mm diam, to extract any meaningful power out of it.

I am already struggling with what to do if I have too much torque available.
But in the end of the day all we can expect is but around 200 watts at 3m/s wind speed according to the omniicalculator.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version