Homebrewed Electricity > Solar

Hybrid and more

(1/3) > >>

Yianie123.:
Hello everyone.  I am interested in Solar, but want to keep all access energy and I don’t want to involve the utility company.  Here in Phoenix, it’s like they have more control then you do over your Solar.  I was thinking hybrid inverter.  From Solar panel to house, then excess to battery, then just use the grid for backup, without feeding the grid back.  Feeding the grid is where the problems start.  I know how to do it for my air conditioning unit, but what do I do in the winter time?  How do I feed the rest of the house?  Everything is electric and the system would be too large and expensive.  Would still like to use the power in the winter time.  Any ideas are valued. Thank you

Mary B:
Could move some loads to a generator transfer switch, solar input in place of generator, when solar is there it switches over, when not it falls back to grid... BUT this doesn't work for large loads.

Or size it so that you produce about 20% less than you use, go thru the grid tie crap but since you never export...

Yianie123.:
Thank you for your reply.  What I need is a method to measure house load and turn on microinverters on and off as required to match the load.  Have you ever heard of this devise?

DamonHD:
I think that new Enphase microinverters are able to balance solar PV generation with load and without storage (are grid forming), and may well be able simply to avoid ever exporting to grid if that is necessary logistically.  Other systems can avoid exporting to grid while remaining connected to it.  I am not permitted to export to grid from my storage for example.

I auto-switch a small load to off-grid when the off-grid system has enough energy.

Rgds

Damon

Yianie123.:
Thank you for your response.  I could not locate emphase inverter that will measure load and turn on inverter to compensate.  The goal is to not export to the grid.  Model number or any more information will be appreciated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version