Formulas and calculators > Coil winding

how to detect eddy currents and measure their negative impact

<< < (10/10)

brandnewb:
thank you joestue,

I am already working on the test coils and test magnet holders.

But I also plan to try various additives to pure resin.

The idea is to have a pure epoxy resin cast coil as a base line. And several other variations to see what the effects of those additives are.

I really like that I do not have to wind real full sized coils ;) that will save a bunch of time and material.

Anyway here comes my question. I also plan to blow up a few coils by overloading them with just simply too much power input.

Would it be ok for me to use a variable speed motor with a known wattage output to drive the alternator test bench? And then crank up the speed and document when things start overheating?

It will also address Mary's earlier (might not have been in this thread) mention that without a controlled RPM, result accuracy will be sub optimal. Which in essence I agree with.

{1}To drive a variable speed motor. I can supply a continues power of 11 KW. spread over 3 phases. I am assuming this will enable me to supply the power needed to start seeking the limits of a coil magnet configuration. In case that is not enough I can temporary bypass the my circuit breakers in the part of the electrical breaker cabinet that is my responsibility and for short bursts supply a bit below 19.83 KW before the main breakers ( that are not part of my electrical breaker cabinet) trip.

I am hoping that this will enable enough power to start seeking limits.

If no objections then I am going to try this route to add to the alternator test bench{1}
{2} oops here I go again poluting public threads. I will create a new one{2}

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version