Formulas and calculators > Coil winding

How to determine the limits of a coil / magnet configuration

<< < (46/46)

brandnewb:
Yes Mam,

Mary I think you already can trust I love you.

Now hold on to your buttocks everyone because this is going to be an earth shaker.

82 watts!! power potential in a mere 5 x 0.4 mm lits wired coil at a 35-70-35 configuration.

It was Mary that did nudge me to try out the wire in hand stuff of which I never found anything. But it did lead me to the Litz concept.

But shall I be honest? Why is Litz a thing? I mean running wires in parallel has been before us since when these scientific ideas were formed yes?

82 watt!!  I hope I am not mistaken.

brandnewb:
I think it is time to reintroduce the Gravity Torque Test (GTT) after all. So thank you Joestru for that one because I certainly would have needed another 40 to 60 years to come up with that one.

You see that this thread has a really simple goal. It is just the title it self.

Please may I offer for debate my latest iteration on how to do this right once and for all.

Just short ones coils then let the PMA spin up in a controlled manner and see at what rotational speed the PMA can become stable in terms of it's maximum operating temperature limit. In other words if your PMA breaks down at some point than you have to go slower next time you try :)

This is what I call the Coil Magnet Limit. CML for short to be sure.

But now we have a fun and important data point sure. But nothing we can use to compare apples to oranges.

Here I would like to reintroduce the GTT again.

You see that I can think of coil magnet configurations that can be exploited to signal a huge CML yet in practice do nothing.

The reason why is because of the field forming abilities of the coils are so different in each configuration that it needs to be taken into account.
That is not really done using the CMl test as the VFD that drives the motor probably has something like torque compensation. Mine has although I don't know what it does.
I know enough that this GTT is the one thing we can rely on if we need torque to be constant.

Now I will stop rambling now again for a while as I am still not even sure if this will even get out there. So I am also going to have to respect my own time.

Once I see things normalizing again I will try telling more about how far I have gotten tackling this REALLY important question.

TechAdmin:

--- Quote from: brandnewb on May 10, 2024, 11:11:59 AM ---Now I will stop rambling now again for a while as I am still not even sure if this will even get out there

--- End quote ---
It absolutely will, your posts increased in quality by several orders of magnitude, I am very glad to see that once you're calm and collected you're not rambling all the time and posting 7 times in a row, you're actually writing properly with some good points! Carry on like this :D

JW:

If you look up on Wikipedia on the top/ of what your trying to say, use grammar that Wikipedia provides. just don't copy/paste to the forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version