Author Topic: Classical US multibladed metal wind rotor....?  (Read 2813 times)

topspeed

Re: Classical US multibladed metal wind rotor....?
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2024, 03:39:04 AM »
Why I cannot any longer post anything in my H-Darrieus topic ?
These wind turbines must for that reason in a deeper sense be of a timeless beauty, so that they do not in three or four decades hence burden a later generation with a heavy task of removing angular skeletons.....

Ulrich Hütter

Aerodynamics is highly educated guessing, worked out to 5 decimals

MattM

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2024, 06:44:03 AM »
It must have been a temporary glitch.

topspeed

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2024, 02:18:43 AM »
No it says still...path cannot be empty.

What does it mean ? ;)
These wind turbines must for that reason in a deeper sense be of a timeless beauty, so that they do not in three or four decades hence burden a later generation with a heavy task of removing angular skeletons.....

Ulrich Hütter

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2024, 08:59:43 AM »
Let's see if it's fixed...

(a picture should appear below)

Code: [Select]
[attach=1]
Nope!
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2024, 11:02:38 AM »
works if you use imjur

brandnewb

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2024, 02:12:48 PM »
Marry? is this your setup? it is freaking intimidatingly awesome!

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2024, 09:46:50 PM »
Marry? is this your setup? it is freaking intimidatingly awesome!

Yes, along with 3 towers, 18 antennas, 2 dish antennas... wee bit of aluminum in the air here!

Friend putting last antenna on the house bracketed tower after doing some upgrades... you can see the top 2 of 4 antennas of the 144mhz tower in the background... tower 3 is out of view...

topspeed

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2024, 02:26:06 AM »
Are you talking to ET ?

Ulrich Hütter

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2024, 03:00:05 AM »
Are you talking to ET ?

If he is on the moon I could! I bounce signals off the moon on some ham radio bands, other antennas are for long range(beyond line of sight) VHF/UHF/Microwave contacts... last summer I made a 600 mile contact on 1.296ghz (half the frequency your microwave oven operates at)... way beyond line of sight! On 144mhz I have talked to New Zealand, South Africa, Australia, All over Europe, Russia...

Adding the ability to do that on 1.296ghz(2.1 meter dish antenna like they used for TV back in the day) and 432mhz(Four 25 foot long yagi array that has a rotator to point them up like this pic of my 144mhz antennas tracking the moon)

brandnewb

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2024, 08:29:06 AM »
is not there still some kind of reflective surface there on the moon that would allow us to communicate between continents using radio frequencies?

If so then I would love to rent a bigg ass truck like the one in "big trouble in little china" and drive it around (completely unlicensed!! hmm bad idea!) and then talk to my fellow truckers that are just trucking goods mile by mile even though continents apart.

{1}https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmrnUMQNi9g
this is what I meant :)
{/1}
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 08:41:14 AM by brandnewb »

brandnewb

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2024, 09:00:43 AM »
why though Mary do you seem to have components in pairs of 3?

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2024, 11:38:04 AM »
is not there still some kind of reflective surface there on the moon that would allow us to communicate between continents using radio frequencies?

If so then I would love to rent a bigg ass truck like the one in "big trouble in little china" and drive it around (completely unlicensed!! hmm bad idea!) and then talk to my fellow truckers that are just trucking goods mile by mile even though continents apart.

{/1}

The surface of the moon will reflect radio waves, BUT it is lossy so the signals received back are extremely weak. I am not going to toss up the math, if you don't know the units it is meaningless... I have an effective radiated power of 76,763.745 watts... the reflected signal as received back on Earth is measured in pico watts  aka very very little!

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2024, 11:41:19 AM »
why though Mary do you seem to have components in pairs of 3?

For radios? 2 are Icom IC-9700 VHF/UHF/Microwave radios, one is 6 meters and shortwave, oddball on the left is driving a transverter that converts 144mhz to 902mhz(a USA only frequency and no radios made for it so need a converter), in the rack are amplifiers for different frequencies. The part of ham radio I do is very technical oriented, lot of building, tinkering... 

brandnewb

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2024, 12:06:13 PM »
Yes understood mam,

But I meant this mirror I think it was they use to measure the distance between the earth and the moon on a "pico" scale.

Now I do think I understand where my reasoning went south as that is done using lasers with a rather narrow band wave.

Radio is still far too broad so aiming for that mirror, and then even assuming some would bounce back, it not going to do anything fur us truckers :(

:)

{/1}

The surface of the moon will reflect radio waves, BUT it is lossy so the signals received back are extremely weak. I am not going to toss up the math, if you don't know the units it is meaningless... I have an effective radiated power of 76,763.745 watts... the reflected signal as received back on Earth is measured in pico watts  aka very very little!

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2024, 05:39:45 PM »
Oh good the forum is still up and running :)

I was allowed to reclaim flashsteam.com (url) have it for a year. All I can tell you if you are a new internet user plan on keeping access to the first email you use. I got lucky I originally hosted the url.

Oh ya, about the coatings... I saw this neat ass show of them painting hypersonic aircraft with a robot arm the precision was remarkable. Even same or modified thickness. I got to say that's some expensive stuff/coating.

JW

topspeed

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2024, 12:48:45 AM »
Are you talking to ET ?

If he is on the moon I could! I bounce signals off the moon on some ham radio bands, other antennas are for long range(beyond line of sight) VHF/UHF/Microwave contacts... last summer I made a 600 mile contact on 1.296ghz (half the frequency your microwave oven operates at)... way beyond line of sight! On 144mhz I have talked to New Zealand, South Africa, Australia, All over Europe, Russia...

Adding the ability to do that on 1.296ghz(2.1 meter dish antenna like they used for TV back in the day) and 432mhz(Four 25 foot long yagi array that has a rotator to point them up like this pic of my 144mhz antennas tracking the moon)

Incredible....any suspicious signals so far ?

Ulrich Hütter

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2024, 06:54:37 AM »

Quote from: topspeed
No it says still...path cannot be empty.

What does it mean ? ;)

TechAdmin knows. Our host did something we used to have a 4 digit security pin. They changed the security pin to 6 digits. Then they erased all 4 digit pins.

This is why the info@flashsteam.com email is so important. without that email we cannot verify our/my identity. Untill Identified we cannot gain access to our server. Once identified we can get TechAdmin back in the server to clean things up. Were working on it.

JW