Author Topic: 48VDC LiFePO4 pack with TS45 and Victron 385W 48VDC inverter  (Read 715 times)

jwgorman

• SolarNetwork Foundation
48VDC LiFePO4 pack with TS45 and Victron 385W 48VDC inverter
« on: February 18, 2024, 08:56:06 PM »
I have a 900W of PV connected to a Morningstar TS45 (PWM) charge controller connected to a 48VDC pack made up of (4) 12V LiFePO4 batteries in series. Also have a 48VDC 375W Victron inverter attached to this battery bank for AC loads. It was working fine, but possibly it is a set of very sunny days but the Low Voltage Disconnect (LVD) feature which is enabled now seems to keep triggering a lot. does anyone have advice on the TS45 settings to avoid this? It looks like on a good day, the solar PV voltage comes down to the battery voltage but in my case it is up around 110VDC. Thanks, John

bigrockcandymountain

Re: 48VDC LiFePO4 pack with TS45 and Victron 385W 48VDC inverter
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2024, 09:23:48 PM »
If the batteries are charged, and no loads taking power, it would be normal to have 110v on the solar pv input side.  It just means the charge controller isn't letting current flow through, so the pv modules output their open circuit voltage (voc) 

Your low voltage disconnect suggests that the batteries aren't full.  Maybe your charge controller is staying in Float, and the rebulk voltage is too high?
Are you using custom voltages or preprogrammed ones? Does the tristar have a setting for lithium? I have one in the basement running, but I don't remember anything about lithium settings. I have lead. 

Also, what is your low voltage disconnect set at?