Author Topic: 18' Wincharger Hybrid photo update  (Read 1041 times)

Dave B

• DCB Energy Systems
18' Wincharger Hybrid photo update
« on: February 06, 2008, 04:41:35 PM »
Here's a photo of getting things back together for testing. The tail hinge pipe has been moved to lessen the angle and I've installed new bearings, my back rotor and new stator. Preliminary testing shows I'm right back on the mark with this 3 phase, 15 coil stator. 130 winds of #16 single strand per coil will produce unloaded AC voltage of approx. 1/2 the RPM number per phase. IE: 60 RPM = 30 VAC per phase wired star. This with a very safe airgap of just over an inch between magnets for the 5/8" stator.  40 Neos are 1" x 2" x 3/4" N42. A few more adjustments after installing the front rotor then it's back apart again for the trip out back and final assembly and wiring. Dave Moller will be working on the 9' blades by then ready soon to be assembled, mounted and balanced. I'm getting there and can't wait to have it flying again and heating water. Dave B.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 04:41:35 PM by (unknown) »
DCB Energy Systems
http://dcbenergy.com/

Flux

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: 18' Wincharger Hybrid photo update
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 09:48:27 AM »
Nice work Dave, just solve the furling and I think you are there without any proper controller. Nothing wrong with simplicity.

Flux

« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 09:48:27 AM by Flux »

Dave B

• DCB Energy Systems
Re: 18' Wincharger Hybrid photo update
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 10:17:37 AM »
Thanks Flux,

I really do like the simple direct to load with no worries of a controller. It is a compromise but I am getting closer for that to be a very acceptable way to go. It's that 8x the power for twice the wind speed thing that can bite you in a hurry. Hopefully now I will have a little earlier furling action to work with along with adjusting the load(s) before it completely takes off up the steep part of the curve. A couple hours in a good sized wind tunnel sure would be fun. Dave B.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 10:17:37 AM by Dave B »
DCB Energy Systems
http://dcbenergy.com/