Author Topic: Tinkering with autostart.  (Read 1362 times)

muskeg

Tinkering with autostart.
« on: November 13, 2008, 03:40:01 AM »
This last month in trying to use more of my battery capacity I set the DC  genset to come on if battery voltage stayed at 24.5 volts for 2 hours. Run time still at      3 hours,  1 hour off then restart.

After a week, the trimetric was showing I was going backwards from a average of 85%

to dropping below 50%.

Lack of sun has not helped at all. My outback MX60 log showing less than 2.5kwhr/day on alternate days.....

Reset system to start if battery voltage is 25volts for 2 hours.

Now it is keeping up. Without the any sun in more than a week, the Deutz genset is having to be used anytime we do wash..

Need to find a propane clothes dryer that uses a spark igniter..

Love the magnum inverter for charging!

« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 03:40:01 AM by (unknown) »

kurt

• website
Re: Tinkering with autostart.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 11:30:35 AM »
the glow bar ignition on a gas dryer is not like that of a gas oven that stays on constantly. it uses a flame sensor on the side of the burner to make sure the flame stays lit so therefor the igniter only runs about 30 seconds per heat cycle and the heat cycles on and off maybe 5-10 times during the course of a drying cycle depending on the setting and how wet the clothes are that's only about 25 watt hours per load to run the igniter even at 10 heat cycles per load......  
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 11:30:35 AM by kurt »

muskeg

Re: Tinkering with autostart.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 06:39:42 AM »

Hi kurt...

My dryer is a older norge brand. If I remenber right it uses about 300 watts running. The glowbar raises this up some more.

After 40 minutes of drying per load , a few loads put a dent in the batteries.

My kenmore sideloaded wash machine uses a max of 150 watts.

The sun will hopefully come out soon.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 06:39:42 AM by muskeg »