Author Topic: New member introduction  (Read 1287 times)

JKountz

New member introduction
« on: January 18, 2005, 04:03:57 PM »
Greetings all, I just found this site and wanted to introduce myself. Jim here. Came across this site while researching alternative ways of heating my workshop and found it to be a great resource of information. Im leaning towards solar for the shop heat if possible, and am looking into now and researching. Hope to get to know some of you soon and share ideas, comments, suggestions. Im a rookie to solar but learn quick. (especially when its so cold outside!! 6 degrees here today) Now there incentive to get something going!!

Jim

« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 04:03:57 PM by (unknown) »

Barnac

Re: New member introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 10:26:33 AM »
Welcome Jim,

You will find that this forum is filled with great persons willing to share their knowledge and allways ready to help.

-23°C (-9°F), here in Montreal brrr...

-36°C (-32°F) felt with wind factor brrr...

« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 10:26:33 AM by Barnac »

Norm

• Ohio's sharpest corner
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 10:53:36 AM »
    Welcome to the board Jim....Solar heating is really terrifficc....sometimes, like I've taken a hair dryer to melt some ice off an old lawnmower that I wanted to work on about half-hour or so then along comes the sun and melts the rest in about 10 minutes!

You can run across free glass ever so often so many oppurtunities.

Have Fun!

( :>) Norm.

0 degrees Farenheight early this morning.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 10:53:36 AM by Norm »

picmacmillan

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 11:16:59 AM »
hello and welcome...i have just completed a project on building some solar panels...you can buy  the cells on ebay for 35 bucks a pound if you buy 5 pounds...i would be glad to help u whenever you need it...there is hockeybags full of things to learn here....if this hobby gets you going, then you will be in for a lot of good information here ...pictured below is one of the solar panels i built from scratch with some help from the folks on this board...especially internetfred....any how, welcome....:) pickster

« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 11:16:59 AM by picmacmillan »

juiced

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 09:41:38 PM »
Have you installed any alternative systems yet?

« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 09:41:38 PM by juiced »