Author Topic: Anemos wind turbine generator  (Read 451 times)

TTAYLOR228

Anemos wind turbine generator
« on: August 01, 2009, 04:30:35 PM »
Does anybody know anything about the Greek Anemos 1800w turbine thats been showing  up on ebay lately?

it appears to be use the same generator as the Hurricane Windpower 1500 Watt PMG

Is the Hurricane well known and rated?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 04:30:35 PM by (unknown) »

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
Re: Anemos wind turbine generator
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 08:30:21 PM »
The Anemos is only listed from ebay Greece now. If you don't live near there then you pays your money and takes your chances.

The Hurricane PMG looks over rated. It only puts out 500 watts in the 300 rpm range and 1500 at 550 rpm. I don't see how you would want 6 foot homemade blades turning that fast. (assuming .24 for COP).

1500 watts = .5 x 1.225kg/m3 x 10.5 m2 x .24 cop x (10 m/s)cubed wind speed

« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 08:30:21 PM by dnix71 »

TTAYLOR228

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 09:43:02 AM »
Thanks for that, wondered what you felt about the information they put out on their site at http://cnc-machines.host22.com/greenenergy.html
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 09:43:02 AM by TTAYLOR228 »

Perry1

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 01:20:56 PM »
I saw that site before. Please correct me anyone if I am wrong but this appears to be another one of those small wind scams that physics easily reveals. They give the following data on the site;

- 1.2 x .8 vertical rotor = .96 m2 of area, since it is a VAWT you have an effective area of 1/2 that (1/2 area upwind and 1/2 downwind)

-rated power at 10 m/s

-they claim 78% efficiency. Crushing the Betz limit so that should be a pretty good indicator of how accurate their calculations are.

So lets assume all those numbers are right and they have in fact proven Betz wrong, lets run the math

P= 1/2*Cp*rho*area*velocity^3

P= 1/2 * .78 * 1.223 kg/m^3 *.5m^2 * 10m/s^3

P= 229 watts

So by their own numbers and their own math this turbine could only put out 230 watts

To me this is another green energy scam.

Perry

« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 01:20:56 PM by Perry1 »

Perry1

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 02:16:20 AM »
hmmmm, I received a response to my post personally from Anemos. Not sure why but they asked me to post it so here you go. I guess I stand corrected and this company has not only proven Betz wrong but they are able to extract more power from the wind than is actually there. My mistake was in using well established physics to verify their performance.

So, correct me if I am wrong anybody, I may be. 1 sq meter of swept area and 10 m/s of wind = ??????? I thought so.

Here's their e-mail

OUR REPLY

You claim that you "saw" our site but you did not read and study it. You did not ask us any informations.

You just judged us and found out that we are green energy scams!!!???

You wrote:

"this appears to be another one of small wind scams that physics easily reveals".

Yes, this appears to be....(the thing you say) when you are so stupid and you do not examine the facts we give you.

Do you know us sir?

Have you ever studied our product to understand how it works?

Have you ever contacted us to ask us any explanations about this product?

How do you dare to call us "scams"?

I personally believe that you are STUPID because this was a stupid behaviour.

You hide yourself behind a monitor and judge anyone so so easy.

I do not know who are you and what is your background in this field. In fact I do not care who are you. The fact that you judge our product and us without studying before, explains us what you are.  

The formula you use is for common savonius type vertical wind turbines.

WE DO NOT SELL COMMON SAVONIUS TYPE WIND TURBINES.

The effective area of our wind turbine is not the 1/2 as you calculate but all the area because the outter blades redirect the air only to the effective (positive) blades.

Also when the air enters can not easily exit and creates a high pressure tornado inside the wind turbine.

The formula you used is completly wrong for calculating the output power of our products.

We have called a lot of people to demonstrate the products and in fact we sell this product in Greece already. Anyone is welcome to see before buy or invest in our project.

Now, I would also like to see if you will post this reply of ours to your post. (word by word)

Sincerely yours

Theodore Karavassilis

Manager of F.T.I.E. ENTERPRISES LTD

Personal office:

16th Pirgou str 16345 Helioupolis Athens Greece

tel +30 210 9949792

mob: +30 694 8884235

www.energia-projects.gr

« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 02:16:20 AM by Perry1 »

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 08:26:21 AM »
They sure got you straightened out Perry!

I find it interesting you need to study it, though the drawing is intentionally incorrect.

Looks/sounds like a Windside/Savonius in a stationary blower wheel to me.

G-

« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 08:26:21 AM by ghurd »
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller

hurricanewindpower

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 04:11:25 PM »
Dnix....this is the owner of the huricanewindpower. It is guys like you that ruin blogs and cause folks to get hosed by scammers....you should do your research before you make false reviews to customers. The generator I sell is the 1500 watt version of the same generator that is sold by TLG Windpower in a 1500 watt model for approximatley 300$ more...they are known for their high quality low rpm generators. In the future maybe you should figure out what it is you are talking about before make posts...We have the best on the market...visit hurricanewindpower.com for the best products available

« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 04:11:25 PM by hurricanewindpower »

glennb

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 01:04:23 AM »
Remember people this Theodore is the same one who thought he could make a magnetic generator and conned alot of us out of money in his "Energia" company back in 2003. Well he could of made it and forgot to give us our cut! but physics tell us it's not possible.Well i never got anything and none of my emails answered
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 01:04:23 AM by glennb »

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 05:35:11 AM »
Theodore Karavassilis updated his site, but still says "We welcome serious investors."

Myself, I'd like to see photos of that 400MW VAWT.

Surprising to me that he got James Randi's attention.

(Mr. Randi "is best known as the world's most tireless investigator and demystifier of paranormal and pseudoscientific claims.")

http://www.randi.org/jr/072304willful.html#3

http://www.randi.org/jr/070204another.html#6

G-

« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 05:35:11 AM by ghurd »
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller