Author Topic: Battery drain current issue  (Read 1474 times)

stoven

Battery drain current issue
« on: July 12, 2006, 10:59:44 PM »
I am working on a project using AA batteries and am running into issues with drain current limitations.  I am required to use AA batteries so I am stuck using them and also can not put them in parallel.  Is there anyway, maybe using a capacitor, to temporarily store the power from the battery and then use a current limiting circuit to discharge at a higher drain current?  Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 10:59:44 PM by (unknown) »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: Battery drain current issue
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 05:18:02 PM »
Steve;

Well, maybe you could be a bit more specific on exactly what you must do? And why.

Your question is far too vague to provide any useful help.

To increase battery drain current you simply short the terminals with a copper wire. I suspect you do not want that. The more resistance in a circuit the less current it draws. See "Ohms Law". It is very common to use a capacitor to store power so you can discharge it all at once. See "camera flash". Please rethink your question and provide as much information as possible, including exactly what you are trying to do and why there are certain limits on how you can do it. Lots of great minds here but not one of them is a mind reader to my knowledge.

Sounds like some sort of school assignment from here.

Cheers.

TomW

« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 05:18:02 PM by TomW »