Author Topic: Grid connect WIND ENERGY System  (Read 840 times)

hailite

Grid connect WIND ENERGY System
« on: November 18, 2006, 05:56:06 AM »
Grid connect WIND ENERGY System's output is connected to your ring main via a Grid-tie inverter which produces 230 volts AC @ 50Hz (240 volts AC @ 60Hz )synchronized to the grid. When the turbine's power is not required in the house, the surplus flows back out to the local grid. You will need an export electricity meter and tariff agreement with the power supplier if the value of your exported energy is to be credited. That grid-tied inverters are designed to be switched off in the event of power failure.

This is where Hailite Windpower comes in.

www.windchina.cn

« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 05:56:06 AM by (unknown) »

badmoonryzn

Re: Grid connect WIND ENERGY System
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 12:53:48 AM »
I'm not sure if hooking up to the grid is worth all of the cost for a little return out here in the northwest USA. You have to buy an older meter that will run backwards and if you are on one of the auto read systems they cost 600 to 4000 bucks depending on who's you have to buy. Lets see the tie units cost anywhere from 600 to 2000 bucks and we have to pay the utility techs wage to install and check the stuff before they hook you up and then the return,...... Yea man, that's what I've been waiting for! OH NO! They charge me 8.5 cents and they will only give me 3.7 Well heck, I have to pay 40 bucks a month just for fees to stay connected, billing, taxes, and line usage without using any juice, AHHHHHHH! Somehow I figured on something a bit more amicable, Crap! Oh well, now what? Yea man, back to the electric car or carving my blades, I won't be disappointed there heh heh!

Bad

« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 12:53:48 AM by badmoonryzn »

tecker

• SuperHero Member
Re: Grid connect WIND ENERGY System
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 04:44:11 AM »
A grid tie unit is the most progressive idea . There are ruthless and frankly unwilling political forces at work with the upper hand until they see a more lucrative approach out there . Work goes on until the home and business unit is viewed as an appliance .
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 04:44:11 AM by tecker »