Author Topic: Help with Wind Protection  (Read 1231 times)

(unknown)

Help with Wind Protection
« on: January 30, 2010, 05:53:08 AM »
If there is any information, leads or drawings/schematics that anyone can share I would be SO much appreciative!!!

Here is a piece of my "proposal" I handed into instructors and had approved. Please anyone with info to offer would be needed and appreciated, thanks in advance!!

In this report I intend to research and report what it takes to get power from the wind turbine to the grid by answering the associated questions:

Protection. What protection is used for the generator, the grid and everything in between? Because the wind turbines are so high from the ground they are susceptible to lightning strikes; surge protection would be a desirable investment.  I also intend to research what types of relays are involved and what they would protect against. In addition, I expect to research information on other forms of protection involved and report my results.

Control. What instruments are involved in controlling the system? Due to the unreliability of wind, a variable speed controller would be ideal. I intend to explore what instruments are needed for controlling the system.

Metering. What is used to monitor the system? Knowing the wind speed would be convenient for this unreliable source. I propose to investigate what type of monitoring and metering is required for wind power.

Thank you so much for reading this and I hope to get lots of feedback! THANKS!!

« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 05:53:08 AM by (unknown) »