Author Topic: Stator winding styles  (Read 1263 times)

Trivo

Stator winding styles
« on: January 23, 2005, 01:18:06 AM »
Could I have some advice on stator winding styles as there seems to be a few varying styles.

My stator has 24 slots and requires winding as a 4pole. The original windings spanned slot 1 to slot 7. 2 to 8. 3 to 9 etc there are two different coils in each

Slots Eg:1 to 7 then another coil 7 to 13. When I looked at zubbly's postings I see he used a 12,10,8, 36 slot then I saw baggo's 24 slot he had 8,6,winding

But what I have noticed is that the mag's on the rotor of these two styles have to have a farley large gap between poles and I thought this would limit the output. Can I wind mine like Baggo's except instead of 1 to 8 & 2 to 7 can I do 1 to 7 & 2 to 8 as I have already done the rotor and the mags go all the way around 45deg N next 45deg S next 45deg N next 45deg S

All replies appreciated

Trivo

« Last Edit: January 23, 2005, 01:18:06 AM by (unknown) »

baggo

Re: Stator winding styles
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 05:04:34 AM »
Hi Trivo,

Firstly, thanks for that reply to Jerry re logging on as I've just had the same problem. Deleted cookies as you suggested and now ok.

I can't see any problems with using your coil layout i.e 1 to 7 and 2 to 8 etc. As long as each leg of the coil is under an opposite magnet pole it'll be ok. The two side by side coils act the same as one coil anyway so it shouldn't make any difference if they are wound 1 to 7, 2 to 8 or 1 to 8, 2 to 7. In fact I did consider winding them your way myself.

I eventually wound the coils following the instructions in Zubbly's diaries because at the time I wasn't sure what I was doing. If in doubt,follow the instructions!

The one advantage I can see of winding the coils Zubbly's way is that there is less crossing over of the coils which can be a problem in small stators.

John

« Last Edit: January 23, 2005, 05:04:34 AM by baggo »