Author Topic: wow, it's almost perfet now  (Read 996 times)

Jason Wilkinson

wow, it's almost perfet now
« on: January 13, 2008, 07:40:52 PM »
Hi again folks, since my last post i read over and over what FLUX mention and was glad i did and not commit myself to the expence of building a new and bigger alternator. I'm happy to report that with some alterations my gemmy is now performing (at least better)  Tweeked the air-gap it's at it'a max. remove 18 ins from tail boom  and installed a 8ft diam blade, it spins much faster and it's very quiet  and for the very first time i've seen the batteries bubbling, but i'm still puzzle as i'm still only seeing 4 to 5 amps  maybe the amp meter is not reading true

here are some pics of it in the air (was unable to get a camera  when the genny was down)  Thanks again Flux and all others who helped

Jason
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 07:40:52 PM by (unknown) »

CmeBREW

Re: wow, it's almost perfet now
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 05:37:53 PM »
 Jason -

That is some very good news. Almost sounds like you should test with another ammeter.  You will certainly keep improving things better and better I'm sure.

But I didn't see any pictures??.  

« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 05:37:53 PM by CmeBREW »

elvin1949

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 06:49:19 PM »
CmeBREW

Check his files 4 pic's there.

I don't like the looks of that HUB [split]

later

Elvin
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 06:49:19 PM by elvin1949 »

ZooT

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 03:39:38 AM »
Yeah......I think I'd build a new hub before flying it too......looks like it's split all the way across it....

I was worried about using plywood hubs on my 7 foot unit, so I had some hubs laser cut out of scrap 10 guage stainless at work.....and the only thing bad about them is that they're kind of heavy, but on the plus side the entire alternator and blade assembly sits between the bearings now.....

« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 03:39:38 AM by ZooT »