Author Topic: Some RE stuff for sale  (Read 4370 times)

Lowhead

Some RE stuff for sale
« on: April 25, 2010, 01:07:28 PM »
I have a few things for sale in MA.

Sunmax Solar 80 gallon stainless steel SHW storage tank.  It has two built in heat exchangers as well as a port for an electric backup element.  I bought it from a dealer in Maine who had some leftovers and it is brand new never installed.  I removed it from the shipping crate and installed a 900 watt 48 volt element but it has never been plumbed up.  It was going to be the dump load for my hydro but Massachusetts doesn't allow single wall heat exchangers.  I wasn't planning on pulling a permit so I didn't care at the time but have changed my mind.  I paid $1450 and another $120 for the custom heater element.  I'll let it go for $1,400 OBO and throw in some unions and fittings.  I could deliver it within reasonable distance of 01748 or southern NH.  If anyone has a new tank that will pass MA codes I'd also be interested in a barter.

I also have a left over battery disconnect 175 amp DC breaker that I would sell for $50.

Two Kaneka 60 watt panels.  $150 for the pair.  The connectors have been cut off so extension wires need to be spliced on.  I can supply some PV wire remnants and shrink tubing.

About 300 feet of used 10/4 well wire.  When we had a variable frequency pump installed for a geothermal system, they had to install a different kind of wire down the well and this was pulled out.  It's to short to reach my hydro or else I'd use it.  $50 OBO.

I'm not interested in shipping anything except the breaker. 

Andy

Lowhead

Re: Some RE stuff for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 09:36:40 PM »
I'll trade the wire, breaker and the two Kaneka's to anyone who can make a family of beavers go away permanently!  I'll take $1350 for the SHW tank.

wilfor03

• USA: Union Grove, Alabama
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 10:50:35 AM »
Do you still have the 60w panels??  If yes, would consider shipping to alabama (35057)??
Bill

Lowhead

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 11:04:14 AM »
Sorry but I'm not interested in shipping them.  It wouldn't be a good deal by the time I crated and shipped them compared to what you can get them for new from the AltEstore.  It's a fair deal for someone local.

Andy

wilfor03

• USA: Union Grove, Alabama
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 11:24:21 AM »
Thanks anyhow, and, good luck friend....Bill
Bill

Lowhead

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 01:53:38 PM »
AltE has them on sale right now for $92.  I couldn't beat that by the time I made up a shipping crate.