Author Topic: alternator style wind turbine  (Read 3487 times)

Gimpy69

alternator style wind turbine
« on: February 11, 2013, 09:37:55 PM »
Hi folks new here. Will open with, think of buying a turbine from Missouri wind Solar. I have seen theirs and several others producing generous amounts of voltage in mild wind. Which Is what I have in my area of Texas.  Does anyone have any experience with M.W.& S.), and other alternator style turbines. If so please respond with the praises and the cautions. Thanks

electrondady1

• SuperHero Member
Re: alternator style wind turbine
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 10:11:26 PM »
caution required

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 04:43:05 AM »
The GM style wind generators are JUNK steer clear.

OperaHouse

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 05:20:59 AM »
Please, tell us what you have seen  Generous might mean something different to you.

smidy

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 12:06:20 PM »
the only factory made windturbine i know of that have car alternator as a partsource is AIR south west windpower, and they just use the laminate for the stator, they rewind the stator wierd whit diffrent wire for each phase and have fancy elektronics to have it prefom disent, if the delco alternator whit neo mags was the answer for hi preformance windpower alternator, why do not any other factory made windmill use it, why do al the people here mess whit building there own alternator if it just to put neos in a car alternator and trow a turbine on it...take a surf on the webb and look what people build and use to harwest wind energy diy, you will not find many use caralternator. there is a reson for that..
Aland islands in the Baltic Sea

WattsUp

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 03:05:12 PM »
 I looked at these a few years ago. I looked at it like this. A car going 35mph, engine running around 1500 rpm bigger pully on cranckshaft, smaller pully on alternator 140 hp motor. That little thing spins around 2250 rpm. How much power will I really get out of it with blades on it?

Have you looked at the post lots of nothing under the wind header. dgd posted some info and video for the 1600 mw.

XeonPony

• Global Moderator
  • Sanity is over rated!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 10:13:32 AM »
from all I have heard they are a criminal level fruadsters with no ethics what so ever.

Simply look for the thread dedicated to them!

http://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/topic,146824.0.html
Ignorance is not bliss, You may not know there is a semie behind you but you'll still be a hood ornimant!

Nothing fails like prayer, Two hands clasped in work will achieve more in a minute then a billion will in a melenia in prayer. In other words go out and do some real good by helping!

WindriderNM

• some days you get the bear some days the gets you
    • WindriderNM
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 02:17:17 PM »
I bought one several years ago before I found this site. I have never gotten more then 100w from it. I have tried several sizes and types of blades. I have done better with a tredmill 90v pmm. I built one from the plans on this site using Neo magnets. It is working will.
~~~WindriderNM (Electron Recycler)~~~   
~~~Keep Those Electrons Flowing~~~