Author Topic: battery  (Read 392 times)

thirteen

• Single going totally off grid 1,1, 2013
battery
« on: January 01, 2011, 10:10:36 AM »
Has anyone on this board dealt with HUP Solar One Batteries Seems like alot of $$ for them and I have not heard of them before.
MntMnROY 13

thirteen

• Single going totally off grid 1,1, 2013
Re: battery
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 10:19:06 AM »
looking them up which I didn't before I felt like oops. They do make two types but only one is for solar but they still seem exspensive. No one here has ever mentioned them on this board that I know of.  Just asking about them
MntMnROY 13

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
Re: battery
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 04:10:57 PM »
They include FOB to the nearest truck terminal in the cost. I always look at shipping charges first because 90% of the time that's the deal killer. If someone is trying to be slick they'll low ball a price by not including shipping in the online price.

Also they claim 4000 cycles at 50% DOD. That's 11 years every day to 1/2 capacity. If that's true I would expect them to be worth more. They also sell them as 2v units, so their main buyers are probably telcos and power companies. Ten year warranty with 7 year free replacement would cost something too. Those don't sound like something the casual RE user would be able to afford.

They add telfon threads to the paste to strength it and the positive plates are heavier than the negative plates.

You might be able to get take outs. They have a payback offer of 15% of the original purchase price if you trade up for new batteries after 5 years. That means you don't have to oversize so that you will still have the necessary capacity at the end of the ten year useful life. They look like they are out of my price range.