Author Topic: used semi-traction batteries  (Read 3326 times)

dnBisschop

thirteen

• Single going totally off grid 1,1, 2013
Re: used semi-traction batteries
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 07:34:58 PM »
Those batteries probably have head a lot of abuse. About 2/3 of the ones I've been around that are taken out of survice that are used like these were need to be really charged good and will work fine. There problem usually is that they normally have not gotton a full good charge. the price I'm not sure. I'm in USA and euros to US is _____. Best of luck
Thirteen   
MntMnROY 13

Dutch John

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 02:50:18 AM »
Bart,

Price is too high. Junk value (0-60 cent per kilo) is enough. A new one will cost about 170-200 euro, so 60 for a battery of which you do not know age and history is always too much. Try several truck dealers and explain where you need those used batteries for. If they are interested, hand over a box of cake to glue the relationship. Do not pay more than junk value and ask if you can return the ones that cannot be revived.

Thirteen is right. Semi's are often undercharged. Some can be saved, some not.

Regards,
DJ

dnBisschop

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 04:59:38 PM »
Ok thanks Dj and thirteen,

It sounds like a good plan to start a friendship with those dealers, but it also sounds like it's quite some work to try, revive and collect them, especially without a car or charging supplies.
I've also talked with some other people and they are going to ask around here. I can also buy some new ones. I only need one or tho of them so I think it will save me a lot of time and efford if I just buy them on the internet. (Although it wouldn't be better for the environment and bankaccount)
One of the cheapest I could find: 102aH 12V  dc semi traction battery->129 euro   (170dollar)      that sounds ok?

Bart