Author Topic: How can I do the relation between (standard deviation and mean wind speed)  (Read 7780 times)

firas

Pleas, if anyone can tell me,
how can I do the scatter plot of the relation between Std. and Mean wind speed.

David HK

I think you need some expert help on this subject and recommend that you go to the Excel Help Forum for assistance.

There are some very clever people on that web site.  The URL is here:-

http://www.excelforum.com/

You will need to register, which is easy, and, if possible, upload your file (I assume it is Excel format) so that the experts can play with it. Please be very specific in explaining what you wish to achieve.

David in Hong Kong

firas

Thank you very much Mr. David

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
The users of the Excel group may not know your goal, however.

Typically wind speed recordings are presented in histogram format, and then a Weibull distribution is fit to the data.
They may not know this if you do not bring up the subject, and even so lead you astray.

It looks like you have enough data to build a very detailed histogram.
I am unfamiliar with any uses of mean-versus-standard-deviation graphs, but I'm not a statistician.

Here's my old wind data:
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

firas

Dear SparWeb,
which method do you think it is perfect way to make best data fit (weibull distribution)?
firas

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
I'm not the best person to teach statistics.  I have to learn it myself, just enough to get the job done, but I forget it again soon after!
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

firas

Thanks SparWeb,
I wish to you good luck in your job

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
www.sparweb.ca

opo

• homepage
Hello Firas,

I'm wondering what kind of information you're trying to obtain by plotting std dev vs avg speed. The mean value is simply the average of the data. That is wind speed samples sum divided by the number of samples. The std dev is the "average" of the distances of the samples to the mean value

Cheers,

Octavio
http://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=opo Check my apps aFoil and aFoilSim on android market.