Author Topic: Zubbly files  (Read 4739 times)

Harold in CR

Zubbly files
« on: October 09, 2015, 09:36:10 AM »

A while back, someone gathered up all the files of Zubbly and made them available, on this site.

I have been searching for a couple of hours, and, only found a small 2 part PDF.

Could someone please help me locate the rest of Zubbly's info, and maybe we can make them more accessible for new members to locate at the same time.

Thanks
 Harold

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
Re: Zubbly files
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 11:46:59 AM »
You may be looking for "another" website:

http://www.anotherpower.com/board/index.php/topic,324.0.html

No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

Harold in CR

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 05:17:48 PM »

AHA, I figured my terrible search ideas was my problem locating this info.

MANY thanks, SparWeb.

Harold

hiker

• BIG DOG
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 05:45:50 PM »
Just enter his name in the search box..top right..  Zubbly
WILD in ALASKA

hiker

• BIG DOG
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 05:50:58 PM »
Well that's dam strange..first time I entered his name..a ton of info showed up...now only 2 posts showed .....
WILD in ALASKA

Harold in CR

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 08:46:11 AM »
 I used "zubbly files" as my search topic. Got some stuff where he commented in other threads, NOT in anything he experimented or build threads. I did some checking into some of his comments and found a little more.

Searching is not my best approach. I just don't get the correct wordage to get successful search info.

I knew someone had put all his stuff into a file/folder/ whatever it's called, so, that's how I went about it.

DamonHD

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Earth Notes
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 01:48:59 PM »
Can you see Zubbly's posts by following this link?

http://www.fieldlines.com/index.php?action=profile;u=253

Rgds

Damon
Podcast: https://www.earth.org.uk/SECTION_podcast.html

@DamonHD@mastodon.social

Harold in CR

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 03:45:51 PM »

Damon  Yes, I can go to his profile.
 This is where I got started with Zubbly postings. As you can see, it is more about posts in many different threads. I picked several posts and backtracked to find some of his own builds.

As I posted earlier, someone has compiled all Zubbly's builds into 1 link, thread, file, whatever, wherever it is. This is what I have been searching for.

hiker

• BIG DOG
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 01:45:47 PM »
Follow the link above...anotherpower.com....then enter his name in their search bar..lots of info and Picts...
WILD in ALASKA

Harold in CR

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 03:21:20 PM »

Thanks Hiker
 Already been there and bookmarked that site/Zubbly.

oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2015, 07:27:12 PM »
" As I posted earlier, someone has compiled all Zubbly's builds into 1 link, thread, file, whatever, wherever it is. This is what I have been searching for."

Ok Tomw captured all the files from zubbly before fieldlines fell to bits, and lost a lot of stuff.

This post here talks about it. You will have to read till half way through the thread, to see the mentions..... look further down from the first mention, and there are leads to other bundled pdf's

email Tomw or wolvenar direct for the best chance of the entire zubbly files collection.

So go here and then you will find what your after

http://www.anotherpower.com/board/index.php/topic,615.0.html

It was actually a 4kw conversion that got side tracked half way through... happens....

................oztules
Flinders Island Australia

ruddycrazy

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2015, 03:55:35 PM »
G'day Guy's,
                    Later this week when I can find some time I will do a writeup on the motor conversions I have done, but I'll have go thru my backup disks to try and find all the images as I can't get them off that thread I started on that other forum. I did do the offset and the skewed methods which both work nicely with little to no cogging.

With my 4kw conversion I'm yet to test it with a large enough motor as my last effort with a 3hp using pulleys to get 500rpm bogged done my 5kw genset. I do now have an old 10hp honda motor but I found a leak in the lower crankcase so I'll have to weld that up before I can have another go at testing this beast of a conversion.

I have reset up my chinese contact for Neo magnets too so when I get spare some cabbage(funds) I'll get some magnets and start on another one once I decide which motor frame is the best suited.

Regards Bryan

Harold in CR

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2015, 08:04:08 PM »

Ruddycrasy, Looking forward to see what you have done.

One thing I came across from a Zubbly post, was, use MagneTek motors. They have magnets in them. He said add a prop and away you go.  ;D

I'm looking at a 2HP or less for conversion. Getting too old to go much bigger and get it up with no other help. Figure build 2 so I have a spare in case one goes down.  ::)

ruddycrazy

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2015, 06:49:14 AM »
G'day Harold,
                     Had some time and I was able to find in my old threads enough pic's to do a write up on my first 2hp conversion.

https://uppsndowns.wordpress.com/2015/10/27/2hp-motor-conversion/

Next up I will do what I can on the 4Kw conversion but I only have a couple of pic's and the forum I did the build thread on has locked me from getting my pictures so unfortunately it won't be a pic detailed write up. So this can't happen again all of my future builds will be on my wordpress blog and not on forums.

Regards Bryan

Harold in CR

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2015, 09:29:26 AM »

Very nice write up, Bryan. Would there be any need to make the shaft from Stainless and press on the rotor block over a keyway?  Most info I find on the 'net say to not use steel as it causes the bearings to become magnetic ? Thoughts ??

Thanks for the article.

Harold

Harold in CR

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2015, 03:35:49 PM »

Ruddy, what size was the shaft on that 2KW  conversion motor ? Did you have to add an extension for tower clearance of the blades ?

ruddycrazy

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 04:24:47 PM »
G'day Harold,
                      When I brought that 1.5kw conversion down for the bearing replacement the bearings weren't magnitized and it isn't an issue as the magnets are on a much larger diameter and there is enough spacing away from the magnets. The donor motor was a brandnew 1.5kw so I just used the existing windings wired up in Star.

The original output shaft on the original rotor was only 16mm off memory and noway would I trust that diameter to hang a set of 3 metre blades off it. As I am a old school machinist the thought of just making a whole new rotor shaft was an easy decision and the machining job although looked tough at first was an easy job. Now the shaft is made from an old Warman pump shaft and off memory the grade is 4140 or better steel grade. The main problem using SS is it isn't magnetic so I don't think it would be any good for the magnet backing.

One of the things I love about these conversions are the challenge of designing and machining a new rotor. One of the few pic's I have of my 4kw conversion is below. It was a fun challenge working out how to machine the rotor and as shown it isn't for the faint hearted.

Regards Bryan

Harold in CR

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 05:42:15 PM »

OK, now I get it. Thanks