Author Topic: Manual of a 27.6 V, 200 W battery charge controller available  (Read 1589 times)

Adriaan Kragten

Manual of a 27.6 V, 200 W battery charge controller available
« on: December 24, 2016, 09:46:12 AM »
The manual of a 27.6 V, 200 W battery charge controller has been made public at the bottom of the list with KD-reports on my website: www.kdwindturbines.nl.
This manual contains a wire diagram of the voltage controller and a picture of the printed circuit board. It also contains a wire diagram of the whole windmill and a calculation of the power dissipation in the dump load resistors and transistor as a function of the current I. It also contains a calculation of the maximum allowable temperature of the dump load transistor and resistors. This battery charge controller can dissipate maximal 200 W but a larger dump load can be made by connecting several 200 W modules in parallel.

Adriaan Kragten

Re: Manual of a 27.6 V, 200 W battery charge controller available
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 04:36:02 AM »
Today I have added a photo of the A1 drawing of  the dump load to the manual. The photo is too vague to read the measures if it printed on A4 format but it can be enlarged on the screen of the computer that much that all the measures can be read. The drawing also contains a list of standard parts and with this photo and the description in chapter 5, it must be possible to build the dump load.

Adriaan Kragten

Re: Manual of a 27.6 V, 200 W battery charge controller available
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 03:56:52 AM »
A new chapter 6.4 has been added to this manual. The title of this chapter is: "Determination of the resistors R1 and R2 and the potentiometer P1".