Author Topic: Has anyone bought from Signature Solar? Just wondering about the wait time  (Read 1701 times)

sunbelt56

• shack rehab
they seem pretty busy - I was just asking here before I started bugging them. I just ordered 2 of the EG4's and I got the conf. email and everything, I'm just anxious to go pickem up.

sunbelt56

• shack rehab
I got a call from someone at Signature Solar asking if I had any questions, so that's a good sign.

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
My only concern is google earth shows a JB Weld plant where they are supposed to be located... BUT they are often way out of date so... rest of my fraud flags are okay with no issues...

MattM

I got a call from someone at Signature Solar asking if I had any questions, so that's a good sign.

Which location are you looking?  The Texas location is clearly marked.  The owner isn't hiding, and $60 million of sales last year is claimed.  There is a North Carolina business in google results but that place is out of business.  But the Texas location looks legitimate.

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
TX one on GEarth is a JB Weld plant but as I said, it is way out of date

MattM

Strange, because the google street view I looked at was clearly marked.  So was the map view, with more than one building reflecting their location.  There was only one BBB complaint and the person filing it sounded shady.  Signature Solar wrote a clear rebuttal and the complainant acknowledged their rebuttal.  Sounds pretty forthcoming to me.

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
Oh they passed the rest of the tests I use to determine if a site is legit, as I said, Google Earth can be way out of date for me... heck its sat pic of my house is at least 10 years old...

Just a reminder to be careful, with the pandemic a LOT of scam sites have popped up.

sunbelt56

• shack rehab
I've been watching a lot of videos (David Poz & Will Prose) and they (and a lot of people on other solar related forums) speak very highly of Signature Solar. However, there's a problem with some of the Growatt SPF5000ES all-in-one boxes which they just fixed a couple months ago (something about a bonding screw). Other than that, they are very legit.

Bossrox

• DIY'er 22kw solar, 32kw battery storage
    • DIY Solar... Power, Water Heating, Furnaces & Other Off Grid Wizardry
I've bought 8 growatt chargers from them. They all got here within a week.