Author Topic: 11' Parts - It was fun while it lasted  (Read 2454 times)

watermanhfl

11' Parts - It was fun while it lasted
« on: July 22, 2018, 09:44:29 PM »
Well the turbine came crashing down,  See post in wind Section.  If anyone is interested in any of the parts please PM me.  Nothing is new but I had a complete running system and will let any and all go.  Not out to make much money but will not give away as I may resurrect turbine in a few years when I retire if I still have many of the parts.  11' PowerMax blades run much better than the original 10' wood blades I had except tougher to balance so always shacked a bit vs the wood. One side of one blade is damaged but pull out some of the foam and re-spray foam in damaged area while clamped and it should be good.  I modified original blade hub to fit on the DanB design rotor.  Lots of the good quality saddle clamps, not the cheap Asia ones.  Heavy cable adjusters.  Magnets are loose but all there and can be re-set.  Hub has bearings less than one year old.  DC bridge rectifier box is all good and has a relay to remote shut down turbine.  May even let go of my tow truck winch converted to 120v motor.  I am located just south of Rochester NY.
10' axial on 50' tilt-up.  3.4k solar grid tied. Upstate NY