Author Topic: We need more new users-  (Read 453 times)

JW

• Development Manager
  • SuperHero Member
    • Flashsteam.com
We need more new users-
« on: December 29, 2017, 09:36:49 PM »
Since the server crash five years ago, we lost a lot of reference material. We are now treating new members as equals when compared to any user.

There is no longer 50 post minimum for new users to post links and the like etc...

We need new users more at this point because we have to rebuild user data base.

So lets help these folks out.

when we actually lost the data was that this forum was hosted between two servers, five years ago.

We now run on only one server since then... I made this change so that the data lost could not happen again, we are on a stable platform now.

george65

Re: We need more new users-
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 12:41:46 AM »

Being a late comer I do not know the history of this forum but have you recently taken Control / ownership of the forum JW?

JW

• Development Manager
  • SuperHero Member
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 01:00:12 AM »
Yes I purchased the forum from the Dan's. In fact we completed the transfer earlier tonight. Its been a process that we have been working on for about 2 months, I don't want to say the purchase price but it was in the several thousands of dollars.

Im not sure I should disappear like the Dan's did, but I have always enjoyed participating on the forum. Actually I was doing the best damage control I could to the forum development since the problems.

Im not perfect I make mistakes, and try to learn from them. I am always available via PM and will do my best to work with everyone.

JW

george65

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 01:30:41 AM »

Congratulations on your new purchase!
Must be quite exciting.

You seem to have a lot of enthusiasm for the forum which is good to see.
I hope it works out to fulfill your hopes and ambitions as well as grows and progresses to a great info resource for all.

Congrats again!

BruceDownunder

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 06:21:13 PM »
nice to see s n-going . I read most days ,but one question ,is there a possibility of a chat forum ,like irc?

Thanks , and a Happy New Year ,

Bruce

Bruce S

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 10:31:04 AM »
nice to see s n-going . I read most days ,but one question ,is there a possibility of a chat forum ,like irc?

Thanks , and a Happy New Year ,

Bruce
Always good to the original Bruce back!!

Cheers
Bruce S
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

XeonPony

• Global Moderator
  • Sanity is over rated!
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 09:01:23 PM »
well I shamelessly whore this forum out to all the people I discuss RE with as it is my way of shafting the utilities and government lol by making people self sufficient and independent I hope a few have found their way here.

things are coming along here and with luck I should be to the point I'm no longer struggling to breath financially, which means more time to work on projects and preach the gospels of the forum to others!

Congrats on the take over, and good to here, being I used to run a net work server for a friend I feared data crashes, all ways had 3 redundant arrays with auto fail over and a warm spare, and a UPS that could run it for a week, sadly it wasn't meth head proof.

I all ways liked raid 5 can be picky but for the most part does its job well.
Ignorance is not bliss, You may not know there is a semie behind you but you'll still be a hood ornimant!

Nothing fails like prayer, Two hands clasped in work will achieve more in a minute then a billion will in a melenia in prayer. In other words go out and do some real good by helping!