Author Topic: Help with solar tracker  (Read 968 times)

Solarsan

Help with solar tracker
« on: January 16, 2020, 08:05:39 AM »
Greetings to members of the forum.
Help advice, which solar tracker to put on a two-axis mechanism with 325 W panels, we plan to put 40 panels, maybe someone already has experience, what do you recommend?

clockmanFRA

• Renewable Energy creation
Re: Help with solar tracker
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 11:43:45 AM »
Hi Solarsan,

I see that you are advertising a solar tracker circuit.

For a solar tracker that you can make yourself I recommend not going over 2kW.

I have a simple double axis design and its the wind that is the limiting factor, as in Hurricane conditions, yes even here in France, for the wind loading for bigger trackers the foundation starts to become very large and the actuators and their mountings need to be seriously beefed up.  Things start getting expensive.

I can make my Trackers at about 600 euros/$ for the materials including the Actuators.

However a 2kW simple static solar PV frame for an array can be only 200 euros/$ .

I get about 30% more from a tracker than a static array.

However now that PV panels are so cheap here in Europe I just put a few more PV panels on the static array to account for that 30% loss, it works out more cost effective.

I use RED ROCK, from the USA, solar tracker circuits now and I advise folk that get my book to do the same.

Here is another of my books.

ISBN 9780993590313

https://levivray.com/purchase-book---make-a-2kw-solar-tracker.php

Everything is possible, just give me time.

OzInverter man. Normandy France.
http://www.bryanhorology.com/renewable-energy-creation.php

3 Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (12 years) .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled to OzInverter MINI Grid, back charging AC Coupling to 48v 1300ah battery