Author Topic: Newbie to the RE game  (Read 727 times)

motoman465

Newbie to the RE game
« on: August 24, 2006, 03:29:56 AM »
Hey, everyone.  My name is Todd and over the past few years I have become extremely interested in Renewable Energy and alternative fuels.  I am taking my first (baby)steps.  I am constructing a simple generator using a GM W-Body(Grand Prix)rear brake rotor, the hub/bearing assembly and 20 1/2" x 1/8" neodymium magnets.  I want to build a VAWT to spin this Frankenstein creation.  I have to be careful what I do, though as I am living in a trailer park with my girlfriend.  It is so great to be here with so many great people.  I look forward to learning much and maybe, just maybe teaching someone something.

Todd

« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 03:29:56 AM by (unknown) »

hiker

• BIG DOG
Re: Newbie to the RE game
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 11:46:53 PM »
hey hey--how do you do...

welcome to the board--its drove me half crazy over the years--and took up a lot of my free time..its not that im complaining--talk to my wife about that..

to save yourself a lot of grief --read the board and a bunch of the old postings..

and ive heard theirs even a book out there for sale to even save yourself even more frustration..  

belive me --been there done it...

just joking--how hard could it be -its just a few coils and mags right!!!!

« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 11:46:53 PM by hiker »
WILD in ALASKA

vawtman

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 06:18:33 PM »
Welcome to the wonderful world of vawts.Frankenstein and vawts are of the same breed.Your girlfreind should be safe for now.Study on Todd
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 06:18:33 PM by vawtman »

vawtman

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 06:51:43 PM »
Oh and forgot to mention a good sight to visit.Windstuffnow.com.Ed is very knowledgeable and helped me a great deal early on and still does. Great guy.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 06:51:43 PM by vawtman »