Author Topic: Ideas on tree poisoning  (Read 2644 times)

vawtman

Ideas on tree poisoning
« on: May 02, 2007, 01:14:01 AM »
My neighbors planted a shelter belt of ugly fast growing pines that who knows how tall they will get and can shut off the easterly component for the turbine.When i get to a point of about 20ft i want them out or mutated somehow.(not the neighbors)

Maybe do a couple a year.

They are very old and crabby and probably wouldnt know.

Im not a meany by any means.

Al g will probably hate me.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 01:14:01 AM by (unknown) »

Nando

Re: Ideas on tree poisoning
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 08:15:44 PM »
Take a sample of the tree branches ( leaves) to an agriculture college and get a professor to tell you what type of material kills the tree, one way is to make a hole in the base of the tree and inject the solution, there is a time of the year that is best.

I do not remember the name of the substance or the time of the year, I used many years ago to kill a pear tree.

Do not do two trees next to each other, do it separated by several trees, then next year two together, then you know you are mean !!

Nando

« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 08:15:44 PM by Nando »

Countryboy

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 09:45:01 PM »
Since the trees are on the neighbor's property, simply purchase their property from them, and 'poison' the trees with a chainsaw.

What you propose is illegal, and good and decent people would not even suggest what you are suggesting.

If I were you, I'd just build a taller tower.  Better air up higher anyways.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 09:45:01 PM by Countryboy »

luckeydog

• Colorado Wind Power
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 10:23:55 PM »
I would never recommend destroying someones property this is a lot like putting out antifreeze to kill the neighbors cat. I suppose you can do a rain dance a whole lot and hope the trees were planted in a low lying area because pines can not take flooding and will die faster with too much water than not enough. or you can pray for a drought.

maybe ask them if they would be willing to sell you the trees or maybe you could pay them to locate the trees to a different location on their property, tell them your delima and maybe they will understand or when the trees start to get too tall you can ask to top the trees.

just some suggestions

luckeydog

« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 10:23:55 PM by luckeydog »

ruddycrazy

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 04:28:20 AM »
Hiya vawtman,

eh mate if those trees are only small just drive ya tractor over them on ya way to have a beer with ya neighbour and run over them again on ya way home or better still just ringbark them and blame the local kids

Just Bringing out my Darkside

Cheers Bryan

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 04:28:20 AM by ruddycrazy »

jmk

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 07:06:14 AM »
 Vawtman, that's evil! What works really good for me is one scoop of Miracle Grow to a five gallon bucket of water every two weeks.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 07:06:14 AM by jmk »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
THIS IS NOT FUNNY OR LEGAL!
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 07:48:12 AM »
[Official Editors hat on]

When I first saw this I was going to kill it. Then I thought it might be educational for someone to explain that this activity is not only illegal, immoral and unfriendly, and if I caught you doing it to me or mine you would probably get to experience the feeling of hot lead passing thru body parts and hopefully striking bone.

We often joke about "lopping off" some offending trees but we all know it is a hollow threat / joke unless it is our own property.

My personal opinion of you has just fallen thru the floor[s[ into the deepest basement. Don't try to backpedal because you cannot "unsay" this.

Almost worse is that a couple people actually gave you advice on how to commit the crime which makes them accessories before the fact and conspirators.

Depending on the state and the trees this could be a felony.

Just don't do it and do not expect us to forget this flippant disregard for the property of others.

Some of us place extreme importance on morality and proper treatment of others. It is before coffee but my sense of right and wrong is not affected by coffee, just my "be nice" side.

Cheerless.

TomW

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 07:48:12 AM by TomW »

DanB

• Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
    • otherpower.com
Re: THIS IS NOT FUNNY OR LEGAL!
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 08:11:24 AM »
Yes...  with all due respect I was going to say about the same thing as Tom but he beat me to it.  I came very close to moderating this one out.

I suppose 'beauty' is in the eye of the beholder when it comes to trees - junkyards - wind turbine towers etc...

I guess I agree with the comment that suggested... if you don't like them then buy the land.  If you can't do that then consider a more practical machine that sits on a tower - above the trees.  If neither of those are options and you insist on wind power (which I probably would) then maybe you should consider moving somewhere more suitable.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 08:11:24 AM by DanB »
If I ever figure out what's in the box then maybe I can think outside of it.

tecker

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 08:30:37 AM »
Weird .... The trees Aren't going to cause Problems for years to come and the property that they are on Is not your own .I would like to think we are smart enough to make good decisions .So try to think and not react.  
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 08:30:37 AM by tecker »

Norm

• Ohio's sharpest corner
I'm very old and crabby too
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 01:39:40 PM »
   Fact: There are quite a few people that will

never read your postings anymore.

Norm.  
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 01:39:40 PM by Norm »

vawtman

Re: I'm very old and crabby too
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 02:41:52 PM »
Thats fine Norm

I realized after i posted that i made a mistake.

It was all out off frustation from other things, some not relating to wind.

Sorry if i offended you and others.i need to take a break for awhile and if i get banned i deserve it.

I should have read the paragraph right under Post Comment before hitting that last button.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 02:41:52 PM by vawtman »

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
Re: I'm very old and crabby too
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 03:25:33 PM »
vawtman;

I've read many of your past posts, and many here have already completely explained to you why you should never ever do this. I too was typing up something similar.

BUT since I've already let me mouth overload my day, thought that instead I would take a look and see if you're just putting this up out of meanness or something along those lines.

You usually seem very willing to help others and unless someone goes "rude" on you you're usually not rude to others.

take a day, don't beat you're self up over it. Go make nice nice with your neighbors and just relax.

You touched a nerve here to many; I for one will accept your apology. We've all had bad days and we've survived them.

Cheers

Bruce S

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 03:25:33 PM by Bruce S »
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

MattR

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 04:09:23 PM »
"Some of us place extreme importance on morality and proper treatment of others."

Whom are we to know exactly if Vawtman's neighbor did not place the trees there out of spite to piss Vawtman off knowing that in order to use the wind he also needs to not have the wind blocked? I may be new here, yet I think in order to judge somebody for what they might say, we should know the whole story before "hating" somebody for what they said.

I also know that I may have the "Banned user" sights placed on myself with saying this. Although it does seem a bit odd that you are trying to inform Vawtman of how wrong your thoughts are on this, yet you make a statement claiming that "and if I caught you doing it to me or mine you would probably get to experience the feeling of hot lead passing thru body parts and hopefully striking bone.". So that is right, yet what Vawtman said is not? I know that personally I would NEVER shoot anybody over a tree or property. I have whitetail deer deficate in my yard, yet it is NOT LEGAL to shoot the conservation warden or the deer.

I apologize if you do not see the reasoning within this post. Not trying to point fingers either, just saying that if you want to tell Vawtman how wrong something is, do not give an example of what you would do to somebody destroying your trees which might be illegal also. I think everybody needs to think twice before posting once.

Maybe your first reaction of deleting the thread might have been the smartest thing to have done. Just my thoughts on this.

MattR.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 04:09:23 PM by MattR »

vawtman

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 05:05:42 PM »
Tom can you please delete this?

I would have asked earliar but i only have a few hours between work and sleep to be on during the week.

I dont wanna start a ruckus over my stupidity.

If i ever do this again,Ban me

Im gonna take a break for awhile and get some work done on the turbine.Kinda like you did.

Has a matter of fact im taking a whole weeks vacation next week for the first time in 15yrs next week.

See ya and Sorry

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 05:05:42 PM by vawtman »

Norm

• Ohio's sharpest corner
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 06:10:50 PM »
    Yeah I know ...frustrating at times,

and you do need a vacation, I went on vacation

about 12 years ago, and never went back to work,

I'm retired....after the first couple of weeks

you start to realize you're on a permanent

vacation.....weird feeling.....then you start to