Author Topic: who need small alternator  (Read 1320 times)

smile and smile

who need small alternator
« on: September 19, 2007, 05:53:06 AM »
We produce the small alternator, that widely applied to the tractor, reaper, machines and automobile.

The spec is: Working Speed: 500-3000rpm, Output Power: 30-50W, Output Voltage: 12-36V, Size: Ö54mm X 78mm

« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 05:53:06 AM by (unknown) »

richhagen

Re: who need small alternator
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 03:18:07 AM »
I received your unsolicited e-mail regarding the motor you are offering, and figured that I would respond here where it is public for this forum to view since you posted a diary entry about it as well.  I notice that this is your first posting or comment onto this site.  I would recommend that items on offer for sale be placed in the classifieds section as a general practice.  

I have uploaded the related PDF file for the motor that you sent as an attachment to your e-mail to my user files.  It is located here:

http://www.otherpower.com/images/scimages/742/smileandsmilemotor.pdf

First of all, 2000 RPM at 12 volts is a bit too high for a wind turbine if the intent is to charge 12V batteries.  One would need to generate a bit more voltage to get it rectified and into a 12V battery as well.  I would be looking for a motor that would start charging at a fraction of that RPM.

The PDF provides only very basic information.  How is it configured, how many poles does the motor have, what guage and type of windings, what type of bearings would be some basic questions people would have.  Would it be possible to adjust the assembly of the windings to generate a bit more voltage per rpm?  

While it would be nice to have a convenient off the shelf alternator at reasonable cost that is efficient, well matched to a lower tsr blade set, reliable and durable in this size range - I haven't seen one yet.  The tape drive motors such as ametek, and the GE ECM motors are about as close as I have seen, although they tend to be larger in amperage than your motor.  Of course, I am not an alternator expert like some who post here regularly though.  Rich

« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 03:18:07 AM by richhagen »
A Joule saved is a Joule made!