Author Topic: Wireless Transfer of Electricity(overunity)  (Read 1396 times)

valterra

Wireless Transfer of Electricity(overunity)
« on: April 14, 2008, 02:40:23 PM »
Don't kill this thread.  This is not an overunity-free-energy BS post.

Wireless stuff has always intrigued me, being a Ham operator and all.  

Looks like MIT guys have discovered that if they cause the magnetic field on one coil to "resonate" at a specific frequency, the can aim it like a beam, causing an inductive coil several feet away to also resonate and induce electricity.  From what I understand, this is really an ultra-modern air-core transformer.

I bet it isn't  very efficient.  But maybe they'll discover a way to extract microwave radiation from sunlight without using expensive, inefficient silicon.  That talk of remote power stations on the moon sound interesting.

Then again, just like when you see environmentalists fighting wind power, this creates a dilemma for the typical conspiracy theorist.  I mean, sure this could "prove" that Tesla really WAS on to some kind of magic machine, but how could we possibly use it on the moon, being that we never "really" went there in the first place?  :)  I guess there's no clean way out of that one, lol.  

Better call Art Bell.  :)

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/wireless-power.htm/printable

« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 02:40:23 PM by (unknown) »

finnsawyer

Re: Wireless Transfer of Electricity(overunity)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 09:19:44 AM »
I don't see how this differs from say a crystal radio, except it doesn't require a tuning capacitor.  Well, every coil will have some distributed capacitance and a self resonant frequency.  It's my understanding that the Poynting Vector, which is a representation of the power flow of a propagated E-M field, tends to be bent or concentrated toward any kind of conducting medium that is in resonance with said field.  It seems that all the basics for such an effect are already in place.  If you're interested try Googling "Poynting Vector".
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 09:19:44 AM by finnsawyer »