Author Topic: Lenovo IBM ThinkPad Z60t Review  (Read 1310 times)

batteries

Lenovo IBM ThinkPad Z60t Review
« on: April 21, 2008, 07:07:07 AM »
Lenovo IBM ThinkPad Z60t Review

IBM ThinkPad Z60t specs as reviewed:

·Processor - Intel Pentium M 760 2.0GHz (2MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB)

·Screen - 14.1" WXGA screen (1280 x 768), 200 nit

·Memory - 1,024GB DDR2 533MHz SDRAM

·Hard Drive - 100GB 5400RPM

·Ports - Infrared, 3 USB 2.0, S-video out, dock/port replicator, external display output, AC adapter, LAN port (ethernet), modem port, audio, headphone, external microphone, IEEE 1394 (FireWire)

·Slots - 1 Type 2 PC card slot (no ExpressCard slot)

·Dimensions - 13.1" x 9.0" x 1 - 1.2" (width x depth x height)

·Weight - about 5lbs with 7-cell battery and titanium cover lid

·Wireless - 802.11 a/b/g, Bluetooth, Infrared, EVDO antenna (Verizon as service provider)

·Battery - 7-cell (non-flushed) quoted up to 4 hours of life

·Hard Drive Active Protection System - Yes

·OS - Microsoft Windows XP Professional

·Price as configured: $2,299

·SKU: 2511-E7U

ThinkPad Z60T

Who Should Buy the IBM ThinkPad Z60t Series: If you like to be portable with a thin-and-light notebook and want a widescreen display coupled with a powerful processor, the ThinkPad Z60t gives you this.  The Z60t is more generous compared to the T40 in terms of ports too, it has 3 USB 2.0 ports, a media card reader and FireWire -- all missing on the T43.  A Windows key and more keyboard shortcut functions are available.  The IBM ThinkPad Z60t is a comparable weight to the IBM ThinkPad T40, it's about 5.5lbs travel weight, so slightly heavier.  The build and quality is the same as the T40 series, it has a newer SATA hard drive, but right now that means no 7200RPM hard drives are available to configure.  For me it's a toss up between the Z60t and T40 series, if you like some of the more consumer oriented features of the Z60t it's the one for you.  But you lose a slight amount of portability in terms of battery and tiny weight differential (and even that's dependent on your specific configuration).

IBM ThinkPad Z60t Battery and IBM ThinkPad Z60t Adapter

Lenovo quotes up to 5 hours of life using the 7-cell battery on the Z60t, you can sacrifice battery life and get a 4-cell battery if you don't want the battery sticking out at the back.  I easily get 4 hours of life on my X41 with it's 8-cell battery, and the T43 I once had could achieve 4 hours (on low power settings), so I was hopeful the Z60t would cruise to this length of IBM ThinkPad Z60t Battery life.  But it didn't.  I conducted two IBM ThinkPad Z60t Battery drain tests and here's what I got:

·Forgiving test: with all wireless radios off and minimum screen brightness I got 3 hours and 4 minutes of life going from 100% charge to 5% charge

·Torture test: With all wireless on and being used, screen brightness at maximum I got 2 hours 13 minutes of life going from 100% charge to 5% charge

In the forgiving test scenario, I hardly used the laptop so I was hoping to get to 3.5 hours.  With the torture test I was using the laptop for web surfing, email and editing a document -- no DVD viewing or external peripheral usage.  Sadly it seems that a 2 hour long DVD played at full screen brightness might not make it to the end credits.

The power adapter is the same size as the T40 series adapter, with the Z60 we lose the IBM branding on the adapter and it goes to a white ThinkPad logo with red dot above the "i".

www.ibm-laptop-batteries.net : Special offer new,high quality cheap price ibm laptop batteries in USA. All IBM replacement  Laptop Batteries are guaranteed to meet or exceed OEM (original) specifications backed by full 1 year warrantyand 30 days money back guarantee.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 07:07:07 AM by (unknown) »