Author Topic: Holmes and Watson  (Read 1184 times)

Techstuf

Holmes and Watson
« on: April 09, 2003, 04:29:25 PM »
Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went on a camping trip. After a good meal and a bottle of wine, they pitched their tent for the night and went to sleep. Some hours later Holmes woke up, nudged his faithful friend and said, "Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you notice." Watson replied, "I see millions of stars." "What does that tell you?" Watson pondered for a moment and replied, "Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, I can see that God is all powerful and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you?" Holmes was silent for a minute, then spoke. "Watson, you idiot! It tells me that someone has stolen our tent." ..............I got a good laugh from that one when I first heard it, and how true it is in a broader sense. For you see, mankind is like watson....focusing his energies in all areas of science and the arts while missing the obvious that is so evident. Has someone stolen our tent? Our FATHER in heaven is about to....this "tent" as it were, isn't really ours to begin with....never has been. The thought provoking episodes of Star Trek Next Generation that starred the Sherlock Holmes character come to mind. The sheer, eerie awareness that we are really very VERY complex cohesions of energy and all that we see, touch, taste and hear........WOW! We are on a "holodeck" of sorts....a "dimension" created for us, (yes CREATED as opposed to an incomprehensibly long string of immaculate and totally unbelievable coincidences) What we cannot see CAN hurt us, and indeed, for the bulk of mankind this will become absolute truth....the Designer and creator of this "reality" is going to replace it very VERY soon by cosmic standards and even by our own reasoning of time. That's right! A new heaven and a new earth. a new "reality". Just as a magnetic field easily permeates matter, our CREATOR'S Children can interject themselves into our reality at any moment they choose and often do. Just like "dark matter" and "dark energy"........they go unseen unless they choose to be seen. It just may be that the "dark matter and engery" that supposedly makes up the vast majority of the known universe is not so dark, afterall, I believe it is not dark at all but very very BRIGHT ...our perception is dulled and skewed, a bit. Christ once said, "if the light that is in you is darkness, how great that darkness is!".......I, for one, prefer the LIGHT. GOD bless, TS out

« Last Edit: April 09, 2003, 04:29:25 PM by (unknown) »

hemphaestus

Re: Holmes and Watson
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2003, 01:28:07 AM »
I would like to contact you privately, please respond to this post when you recieve it.  Please state if this is OK with you or not, also a way I might be able to e-mail or contact you.  Else when you post I will respond with an e-mail account you may contact me at.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2003, 01:28:07 AM by hemphaestus »