Author Topic: Diaries... What are they good for...  (Read 969 times)

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Diaries... What are they good for...
« on: June 20, 2003, 04:01:39 AM »
I know a lot of folks on the board are still getting used to this new place we have here. I have visited a lot of Scoop sites over the years so I am used to it as a web log.

Tonight I just want to pose the question:

Why don't more of you folks use the diary area?

Its a good place to post your most recent thoughts and  pictures of your windmill or cat or whatever you like. If you have been reading these diary entries of mine you know I mostly share my experiments successful or not in these entries. I also have posted a lot of the data I collected here off the main page where some folks may never see it.

So I am encouraging those of you who may feel their story is not suitable for the main discussion area to post that stuff to your diary. Questions, comments, ideas, whatever you want. It is a great place to submit your thoughts and things that may not "fit" the front page.

Personally, I prefer posting to my diary rather than the front page and if you want to follow what I am doing this is the place to do it.

Cheers.

TomW

« Last Edit: June 20, 2003, 04:01:39 AM by (unknown) »

Junkie

• Scraptopower.co.uk
Re: Diaries... What are they good for...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2003, 08:21:45 AM »
When I come here I just look at the 'front page' that shows all the recent postings. I don't see any reason to post in a diary since thats just another section, same as all the others like 'Homebrewed electrictity'. And a diary post will get lost the same way as all the other posts do so I dont see any reason to post a diary, unless its off topic ?

-Chris
« Last Edit: June 20, 2003, 08:21:45 AM by Junkie »

Norm

• Ohio's sharpest corner
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2003, 01:41:53 PM »
  I find it quite refreshing to come to this section and discover that we're all here to have fun sharing our sucesses and failures....laughing with each about our stupid mistakes...like me gluing in a starter magnet upside down (well...I thought they came in pairs! one north pole and one south pole! and some of us have dogs. then some of have us have kids and wives that don't seem to understand making windmills that do something useful  ( why don't you make cute little windmills like the neighbors have?We already have electricity!) Havin' fun in NE Ohio! (:>) Norm.                  
« Last Edit: June 22, 2003, 01:41:53 PM by Norm »

Wolfie1

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2003, 06:46:44 AM »
Tom, since ADMIN call this a diary area, I would have thought that it would work like a physical diary. Each person was one diary page and they post what they are up to at the moment.

I personally think that the post that DanB has been doing with the building of the new windmill should go here while anything that is a question should go on the discussion side of the board.

If I kept a real physical diary, I would expect someone else other than me to put entries in it. Now other people may have comments, questions or just bravos about anything posted in someone else's diary but that, I think, should be kept physically separate from the diary itself.

Now to keep things practical, when you select someones diary, there should be a limit on how far back it fetches on one page but something could be worked out.

Look at the weblogs (blogs) model. That's how I would like to see the diaries work.

Martin.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2003, 06:46:44 AM by Wolfie1 »