Author Topic: New addition to my library  (Read 1295 times)

Barnac

New addition to my library
« on: September 10, 2003, 12:28:06 PM »
I have just bought Hugh Piggott's Windpower workshop and Axial Flux Alternator Windmill Plans from forcefield. Lots of information is available on the web but it's nice to have in a book and  to read it as a book of bedside.

According to comments from other members of this  group, I wont regret my purchase.

Many thanks to Hugh and Forcefield admin.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2003, 12:28:06 PM by (unknown) »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: New addition to my library
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2003, 11:30:14 PM »
Barnac;

Got my copy today @ 4:30 PM and just finished it awhile ago. Its 11PM here. Very good read and packed with info most of which I have already seen but a few great ideas i had never thought or heard of.

Good quality CAD drawings well written and an easy  read.

I particularly like the tower section it had some great ideas like erecting a pipe tower without the genny first and getting the guys set then lowering it and raising it with the genny attached.  The only down side i saw was all the measurements are metric only and since we use inches and feet here I had to converrt everything on the fly [25.4 mm to the inch]. A minor price to pay for such a great resource.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2003, 11:30:14 PM by TomW »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Clarification
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2003, 06:46:26 AM »
I bought Windpower Workshop and now  The Axial Flux Generator book is on the way now.

This book is light years beyond the Brakedrum Windmill book which was kinda difficult to read with a couple glaring errors.

Cheers.

TomW

« Last Edit: September 13, 2003, 06:46:26 AM by TomW »

Barnac

Re: Clarification
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2003, 07:07:25 AM »
Thanks Tom for your coments. It was appreciated.

Can't wait to receive mine.

Have a nice day

« Last Edit: September 15, 2003, 07:07:25 AM by Barnac »

bob golding

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2003, 03:21:59 AM »
hi, i was brought up using  imperial measurements and still cant visualise in metric, but,and this is the important  part doing all the calulations in metric is so much easier. i tend to  go 2 metres long  6 foot up ;-))old imperialist living in a metric world.

cheers

bob

« Last Edit: September 17, 2003, 03:21:59 AM by bob golding »
if i cant fix it i can fix it so it cant be fixed.

Barnac

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2003, 12:02:02 PM »
I receive both the Windpower workshop book and Axial Flux Alternator Windmill Plans yesterday. Pretty cool, now I have a dilemma, wich one do I read first :-)

Item was sent promptly, good delivery time. Item  met expectations. Excellent transaction. I am very please. It won't hesitate an instant to deal again with forcefield if the need is there. Many thanks.

Here in canada we had to swicth from imperial to metric while a was still in primary school. But lot of our tools are still in imperial so I commonly have to work with both systems. Any of them is not a problem for me. But beleive me the metric system is easier to work with and make way more sense ;-) It's only a question to get use to it.

Have fun.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2003, 12:02:02 PM by Barnac »