Author Topic: Rating comments on fieldlines  (Read 1262 times)

RatOmeter

Rating comments on fieldlines
« on: September 14, 2004, 12:49:15 PM »
To improve the info flow in this forum, try rating the good (informative, most useful) comments.  At the bottom of each comment, there is a number in a box (0 by default) and just to the right of that is a button "Rate All".  For a good comment, change the number in the box to an appropriate value (0 to 5 where 5 is the best rating) and click the "Rate All" button.

Various points:

All comments that have not been rated by anyone have a default rating of 3 (good).

Higher rated comments get listed first under the story they're posted to.  That allows us to move the informative comments up to be read first.

You can't rate your own comments :)

« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 12:49:15 PM by (unknown) »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: Rating comments on fieldlines
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 07:23:22 PM »
Rat;

Yeah, great feature of Scoop. Too bad it is not enabled. Seems like it is one of the things on the "todo" list.

Cheers.

TomW

« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 07:23:22 PM by TomW »

DanB

• Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
    • otherpower.com
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 08:31:18 AM »
Funny you bring that up now...

That feature - along with the feature which allows us to 'vote' postings to the front page, or to section only (or to dump them alltogether) was broken... we couldn't figure it out.

Till yesterday!  there are a ton of variables regarding how we can set this up... and right now were a bit busy and well be gone for a few days over the weekend so were not gonna do it now.  But next week it should go on.

when that happens, all new stories will go to a 'special' area to be voted on, and they will not appear anywhere else untill... they either get voted to front page, or voted to section only, or 'dumped'.  I think it's unlikely that many will get dumped - but itll be up to the users.  This will slow down the front page quite a bit, and I think we'll start seeing better stuff there.  

so yes... very soon - that will be the case and there will be a bit of a learning curve for us - and all the users, to figure out how to set it up best.  I think it'll help a lot though.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 08:31:18 AM by DanB »
If I ever figure out what's in the box then maybe I can think outside of it.

jacquesm

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 05:29:21 PM »
good one, that will really be great.

It will get rid of that 'l33t warez d00d' too.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2004, 05:29:21 PM by jacquesm »

kurt

• website
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2004, 06:44:30 PM »
DanB please hurry for sanities sake....
« Last Edit: September 19, 2004, 06:44:30 PM by kurt »