Author Topic: Q & A plus pictures  (Read 1519 times)

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
Q & A plus pictures
« on: May 30, 2007, 03:51:33 PM »
Hello All;

Much to a stroke of luck; I will be very close to where pepa hangs his hat(:-->

I have already cleared this with him through private emails, and in the past I was close enough just not the time. Now I have the time.

With the really cool stuff he has done with his oil burner and that big "S", the steppers and how well it's doing , I thought I would put this little Q & A plus request for pics and information of his "stuff"

I have a very nice digital camera and a 2 gig SMD chip that will hold well over 2000 pics once I set the size limit that is perfect for the forum.

So let's hear it:-)

Please list here what pics you would like to see of his various items.

I personally want some up close pics of the oil burner and his filtration system.

With over a 1000 gals of reusable oil , I believe he will have to most current knowledge of methods.

I plan on being at his place Sunday the 3rd of June, probably late morning.

Upon my return home, I will post those answers to include requested pictures as soon as possible.

Bruce S

« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 03:51:33 PM by (unknown) »
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: Q & A plus pictures
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 11:18:11 AM »
Put me down for oil burner info, and whatever he's doing with all those microwaves.

G-
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 11:18:11 AM by ghurd »
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller

vawtman

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 05:07:01 PM »
Hi Bruce

Pepa seems like a really nice guy thats not afraid to get his hands dirty and dig in.

I like his vawt and efforts to make it.A true artist of the vawt world

You will have fun.I bet.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 05:07:01 PM by vawtman »

Norm

• Ohio's sharpest corner
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 05:57:31 PM »
 Any modifications and progress he has made

on that chain gear...

if he has ever figured how to

keep it trued up...still think it is a neat way

to gear up....or down.

( :>) Norm.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 05:57:31 PM by Norm »

thefinis

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 04:42:40 AM »
I will add my 2 cents and hope for pics of the mounting of the motors on the chain(?) drive especially how he has them mounted so the pressure can be adjusted between the chain and the sprocket. A little more info on the wings he added to the S rotor and if he thinks that they are helping that much.

Not sure what mods he made to get the big oil fired heater to run on wvo but for those in cold country it might be well worth showing.

Not sure how Pepa does it but he seems to get more done in his half days than I get done in a full day. Drink a cold one for me with him.

Finis

« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 04:42:40 AM by thefinis »

nothing to lose

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 01:08:54 AM »
Hey BruceS,

Get pics of everything interesting :)

Although not a request for at Pepas itself, I'm sure you'll get lots of great pics there, how about watching for anything interesting between home and Pepas. Maybe you'll find some big odd gennies along the highway also?

Tell Pepa I said hello and that my computers crashed please, in case Pepa did not see my post about it. I should have sent Pepa a reply to e-mail but as I said in a post I can read them but not send any e-mails. Tonight I did a fresh install of all the basics on another hard drive, still the send button at yahoo is not working for me! I never had a problem like this before!

« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 01:08:54 AM by nothing to lose »

hiker

• BIG DOG
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 02:46:38 PM »
nothing to lose...

heres a free email--use what ever name-adress you want..

use it till you get your yahoo back on line.. :}

http://mail.adnmail.com/adn/login/login.asp

« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 02:46:38 PM by hiker »
WILD in ALASKA

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 08:41:09 AM »
Hello All (:->

Well the trip was an event all it's own, any one ever try to make it accross 5 states in a 24 foot U-haul that could only do 40 uphill?

I have printed out all the stuff to get pics of and fully charged camera 1.5 gig of space on a SMD chip all ready to go:-)

It's raining here and boy did they need it!!

I'll be heading there about 11 AM Sunday morning Once I get back into St.Louis I'll make sure of the sized and put everything up with as much info as I can get.

Cheers

Bruce S

« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 08:41:09 AM by Bruce S »

nothing to lose

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 03:57:02 PM »
Thanks Hiker,

I downloaded and installed Firefox version 2 and Yahoo sends now, though I don't know what the problem was before since that older version of Firefox was what I was using untill the system crash and it was working then.

I still have a mess to sort out with computers and hard drives here!

« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 03:57:02 PM by nothing to lose »

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 02:15:16 PM »
Okay!! pics included.

I have re-sized these so they should be fairly easy to load. I tried to keep them all under a 50k size so the dialups could view them with a little easier time.

Some couldn't be kept under 50 due to the parts of the image that I wanted to make sure was viewable.

First I want to let everyone know how gracious Pepa and his family where to Amy and myself. It felt just like being home.

Pepa has got to be one of the smartest people I have met. He can look at a pile of stuff and just come up with ideas to use them. He is truly an out-of-box genius.

His wife cooked such wonderful food that had I not had to leave to be back in time for work and would probably be still there eating.:-)

Like finnis said his 1/2 days can easily equal an entire week of mine.

This is a view of Pepa's chain system. Here he's working on popping out the helper board.

Here is a close up view of how he came up with a "fix" for the drifting problem.

The fix, a metal band around the entire outside of the chain , with the chain spot welded to it. He has plans on many more welds before re-assembling it.

This is the chain system with one of the motors he has ready for the chain. He's also designing a floating rider for them that will allow them to have a little give so to speak.

On to the oil burner system. He has routed a copper tube system that allow him to burn oil in the fire place, forgive me but even with the best photo software I could not get it to be viewable, but believe me the is almost no soot on there, which is more than I can say for my fireplace:-)

Here is the system that he uses to cook the water out of the worst of his stored oil, also used when he wants to make bio-diesel ( sure wish I had driven the Benz down there:-). Note his homemade slow speed stirrer?? It was made out of a 90Vdc-treadmill motor and controller. He can control that down slow enough tso there NO splashing. SO all those of you getting treadmill motors? Get the controls too (:->

The oil burner for this is the smae as the larger systems but with a smaller external oil supply. rate of oil is controled by the stop cock which once the oil gets hot you can hear it rolling inside the little burner. once heated and even during the heat up time there is almost no viewable smoke. the stack gets hot for sure. No pics taken of toasted fingers ...sorry..

The big S is down for the repair if the chain system but not for long...

I am better at answering questions than putting up diaries, so please if you have any questions do ask, either Pepa or I can answer them as best possible.

I hind-sight I wish I would've had a tape recorder going too.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 02:15:16 PM by Bruce S »

pepa

Re: comment on oil
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2007, 07:25:09 AM »
hi Bruce, i thank Ghurd and finis would like to see the converted shop heater burning if you have that picture. if not, i will take a shot to post because i think that is the best way to have good inexpensive heating with the used oil and very little work involved. i have found another good oil heater at my favorite recicle stop and will probably bring it home even though i dont need it at present. i also think that any wood burning stove could be used this way if the burner and supply line were added in the firebox and used in the place of wood. the oil gives a regulated burn and is fed from a tank to eliminate rhe need to keep adding wood all night to have a even heat from the stove. it can also be used along with wood and the ashes make a very good wick for the oil. pepa
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 07:25:09 AM by pepa »

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 07:25:44 AM »
Pepa;

I do have that picture. I was getting worried that there was getting to be too many or that it would take too long to load for dial-ups. I'll post a new diary and add these as a well as the others.

After seeing Amy on the horse Robin is ready to come down NOW(:->

I'll put those up too if you or your wife don't mind.

Cheers

Bruce S

« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 07:25:44 AM by Bruce S »

pepa

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 09:35:25 AM »
come down anytime and we will all be disapointed if Robin is not able to make it too. i will be watching for your next post. pepa.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 09:35:25 AM by pepa »