Author Topic: 10kw wind generator for sale  (Read 2804 times)

S and M Wind

10kw wind generator for sale
« on: September 02, 2007, 09:23:51 PM »
Hello everybody,

I have aquired a 100 ft tall self supporting 10kw downwind wind generator. After a long process with the town zoning I am unable to reinstall the machine on my property. I have decided to sell the wind generator in hopes to recapture the money invested. This machine was made by Aerolite in the mid eighties. It is a downwind horizontal axes induction 240 Volt type. Safty features include: Fail Safe Break, Lightning protection, Thermal overload, blade tip spoilers and overspeed switch. The blade diameter is 25 feet nominal. The tower, is a model "W" free standing three legged structure. The tower was used for wind zone 3 (Atlantic Coast) and exposure "C" (unobstructed wind).

The tower is in great shape, but the machine needs some work. I recommend the blades be replaced and the controlls to be upgraded. The blades were made originaly out of white pine. The tower and machine have been dismantled and are currently stored on my property.

The price for the machine and tower is 5,000 US dollars. Shipping to be arranged by the buyer.

Since this is your one and only post on this forum, I would caution anyone interested in this to be careful. Since it is a Diary, I will leave it at that.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 09:23:51 PM by (unknown) »

thefinis

Re: 10kw wind generator for sale
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 09:22:55 PM »
Where are you located? Is the tower and machine/turbine available for inspection?

Thanks

Finis

« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 09:22:55 PM by thefinis »

wdyasq

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 07:57:21 AM »
I wish him/her/it good luck - no location, no way to contact and has been on-line and not responded...

Ron

« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 07:57:21 AM by wdyasq »
"I like the Honey, but kill the bees"

S and M Wind

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 02:30:20 PM »
Please forgive me I fail to log out.

This is my first listing and I,m learning how to use this board. I E-mailed the Admin of this board earlier today and asked how to better navigate this board so I can list this wind generator in the classifieds.

Also sorry about the lack of details.I was planning on doing a more thorough job listing when I learned more about the site.

However,

I live in upstate NY east of Rochester and my E-mail is

lyoung87@dishmail.net

Please be patient with the newbies

« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 02:30:20 PM by S and M Wind »

S and M Wind

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 02:34:08 PM »
Sorry about the delay in the response on this board.

I e-mailed you earlier today. Hpoe you recieved it.

S and M Wind
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 02:34:08 PM by S and M Wind »