Author Topic: Not much about Re  (Read 843 times)

wpowokal

• Far North Queensland (FNQ) Australia
Not much about Re
« on: December 05, 2007, 11:16:08 AM »
Here in my part of paradise we had a good winter fruit season, eight different backpackers over the season, the winter fruit has to be picked before Allan can start on projects.

Farly good prices, many good BBQ's with good company and the odd drink, minimal colateral damage. The ute did a 4 wheel skid into a tree, just as well the tree was there as it was about to roll over, drivers details shall remain secret.

This is a pic of all members of the final pick at our farewell BBQ.

Another of some of the gang, autum in paradise, OK ther were 3 Australians including me.

There were 5 countries represented, they made a dish from each country.

The French connection, we had the privelage of receiving the two French guys one week after the arived on Australia, much discussion about drop bears.

Far too many cooks, clean up next day was quite a task.

On to Re. projects, I carved a new set of blades for my Dunlite turbine that had been tied off all winter because the blades as fitted were too far out of ballance.

So on to a new turbine, tower installation for the conversion featured in some of my/our (Trivio) previous posts.

It will be specifically aimed at overnight summer winds, I need most power then.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 11:16:08 AM by (unknown) »
A gentleman is man who can disagree without being disagreeable.

richhagen

Re: Not much about Re
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 06:38:21 AM »
Ben, BThumble, tried to warn me about the drop bears and drop spiders when I was down under.  I have a standing offer to take him snipe hunting if he makes it over to the states.  ;-) Rich
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 06:38:21 AM by richhagen »
A Joule saved is a Joule made!

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: Not much about Re
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 09:33:16 AM »
Rich;

I find cow tipping much more fun especially in snow. They have a hard time getting up after.

Cheers.

TomW

« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 09:33:16 AM by TomW »