Author Topic: Wind-Genis for New York Hudson Valley  (Read 1174 times)

PolarBear

Wind-Genis for New York Hudson Valley
« on: March 27, 2008, 03:53:06 AM »
What I am attempting to do is receive a grant for the placement of wind-genies.
New York does not want the beast.  I am in the process of trying to get permits.  The grant will allow testing of best placement of the Wind-Genies.  If you live in the Hudson Valley Upstate New York with experience using Wind-Genie equipment.  I would like to here from you.  I am going to need allot of help and money for this project, neither have I.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 03:53:06 AM by (unknown) »

WindHarvester

Re: Wind-Genis for New York Hudson Valley
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 12:11:09 PM »
Let me know where to send the check, I'll just leave it blank. ;-)

Good Luck!

Lonnie

« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 12:11:09 PM by WindHarvester »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 12:47:52 PM »
PolarBear;

Let me see if I understand this.

You have no experience or knowledge of wind power.

You are trying to get someone to give you my money [a grant] to do research in this field you have no knowledge or experience of.

You are looking for help so you can do the above.

Whats wrong with this picture?

Just seems crazy grants would go to someone with no experience to study something they don't even have a clue about?

The most insane part is, you will probably get it and hire someone for 2% of the cash to get the job done and pocket the rest.

Its your Diary so I will leave it at that. If you are lucky Ron will miss this post.

TomW

« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 12:47:52 PM by TomW »

ZooT

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 12:16:36 AM »
Er uh.......I didn't miss the post......but after the spanking another got for political rants, I figured I better not say anything.....but I'll make one short comment and hope I don't get spanked......

A grant is money stolen from me and given to somebody else to do something that I might do were the money not stolen from me in the first place.......

« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 12:16:36 AM by ZooT »

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 07:38:31 AM »
PolarBear;

Perhaps , if you were to post details about your previous experiences with build gens, people here would be more receptive to your request.

See, the helpful folks here will help, but, we only know you by the one comment you made back on Wed 26th, so asking for help without knowing if you can hold a wrench or connect a meter the correct way; pretty much puts us off. Quickly (:-]

Could you post in this diary your provable skills? your past builds, of gennies PVs and such?

I'm about to add (finally says our daughter) an above ground pool , and I'd certainly like to know your thoughts on the pump power comsumption , I can't have a gennie ( city says so) but I do have PVs.

Post away

Cheers

Bruce S

« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 07:38:31 AM by Bruce S »
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

finnsawyer

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 09:35:45 AM »
I wouldn't do that.  I've seen checks go through with no signature.  

As far as the poster is concerned, if he wishes to get grants he should clean up his act.  Misspelled words and stilted language won't do.  All grant proposals are reviewed by professionals in the field.  They will file 13 stuff they view as coming from amateurs whatever the technical merits.

As far the grant issue itself, the Government does have legitimate functions.  I once was fed by a project that analyzed radar signature data from Russian missile tests to try to determine which warheads were the real ones.  Was that a proper use of the taxpayer's money?  

« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 09:35:45 AM by finnsawyer »

PolarBear

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 11:00:59 PM »
Seems this got people talking to one another.

The experience I have is a degree in Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, Heating, and Solar Energy.

Some years ago I was CEO of The Better Business and what I do best is find the right people to get the right job done.  Getting everybody on track is a job in itself.  I have spoken with some private venture capitalist about what I am thinking about.  Right now I'm just putting out feelers and by years end have a think tank working.  Maybe get someone to splell fore me.  Lol.

I'll be back soon I can and post to some of the comments I missed replying to.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 11:00:59 PM by PolarBear »