Author Topic: Much better  (Read 807 times)

Tballer2

Much better
« on: March 31, 2008, 07:40:44 PM »
I heard wind was coming so I realigned the ring gear it was off a bit, much easier to spin  now, also I added more angle to the blades I put a 1/2" nut spacer behind leading edge bolt, and put the windmill back up, and its spinning much easier and better now, it was spinning quite slow and putting out about 6.5 volts, I do have a couple problems, the blades are kinda facing down, from the previos blast of wind we had when the blades bent back it also kinda like bent the mast holding it up, even with the guy wires on it. Its only 1" x1" square tubing, 16 ga. wall. From the results though I do feel much better and I am now about 99% sure it will do the job once I get a taller and stronger tower and a decent mount, as I said this was a tempory thing mainly for testing. Thanks, I hope this may help anybody who wants to try or attempt wat I am doing. I will post more when I get more info on it. Thanks all for help and advice, it is very much appreciated!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 07:40:44 PM by (unknown) »

ZooT

Re: Much better
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 11:19:27 PM »
Quote:

Its only 1" x1" square tubing, 16 ga. wall.

That should make some nice lightweight tail booms....

I'd worry about the blades being bent back.....and would probably try to sandwich them between a pair of hubs.....

« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 11:19:27 PM by ZooT »