Author Topic: July 5th update  (Read 814 times)

DrDave

July 5th update
« on: July 05, 2008, 10:26:55 PM »
Hey guys thansk for the comments.

At this point I have to post a hold harmless for I wouldn't want ghurd to get any flack for my lack of soldering skills.  

The 7809 is used only in testing of the charge controler kit to make sure it stops and starts at the voltage you want it to.  Its not part of the live system.  Ghurd sent me another and I was able to rebuild the voltage regulator.  It worked great on my charge controller.  And then I tried it on my second controler kit, and it Harry Pottered again.  My second kit has a short in it somewhere.  I check the amp draw on it and its way out of wack.  So I built a third kit and a new voltage regulator last night and all is well now.

So I am going post some updated photos.

This photo shows my 400w (green) inverter that I have run some red wired in the vent hole and paralleled to the on off switch.  These wires got to the switch side of the Black relay.  The Coil side of the relay goes to the LVD which activated the relay at the desired voltage.

This photo shows the charge controler on the left of the black board, the LVD is on the Right side of the black board.  The red meter is measuring amps coming in from the solar panel and the right is volts from the battery.

The Charge controler has a green(power light) on and the yellow(dump)light is off.

The controler is charging the battery because the volts are below 14v at this point.

The LVD controller has both power(green) and active(yellow) LED's on.  That is because the voltage is above the disconnect setting.

This is a close up of the LVD it is just a controller and a FET.

I have a 1.8k resistor in Rx for a 1v hysterisis.

Here the battery is fully(volts at 14v plus, and the charge controller is dumping (yellow led on now).

Note the Amps, higest I have ever seen on 80w panel.  Must be a solar flair or something.

Thanks to Ghurd for putting up with all the dumb questions.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 10:26:55 PM by (unknown) »

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: July 5th update
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 12:34:03 AM »
Glad it is working, because working is always good!

Nice touch with the inverter.

I don't recall any dumb questions.

G-

« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 12:34:03 AM by ghurd »
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller