Author Topic: Solar Greenhouse  (Read 1322 times)

(unknown)

Solar Greenhouse
« on: September 29, 2008, 12:18:00 AM »
I started this project a few weeks ago and I was posting updates as project progressed. For some reason I had the less then bright idea to delete all of the photos that I had uploaded, not knowing that in do so would also delete them from all diary postings.  I started with a old foundation.

I needed additional work space in the winter time for constructing a VAWT. I still have to complete paint and trim and I am very happy this project is coming to a close.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 12:18:00 AM by (unknown) »

wooferhound

• SuperHero Member
  • Huntsville Alabama U.S.A.
    • Woofer Hound Sound & Lighting Rentals
Re: Solar Greenhouse
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 02:58:28 PM »
If you upload the files again with the same names, they will once again appear in your older stories. You can also rename your current photos to be the same file name and they will display properly in your previous posts.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 02:58:28 PM by wooferhound »

Capt Slog

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 03:48:57 AM »
I'm envious. Not of your building although that's nice too, but of the fact that you can just put something up like that.

I'm guessing that you don't have anything like the requirement for 'planning permission' like we do in the UK?  Over here you couldn't do it and wouldn't have the space anyway, but you decide you'd like an extra building and get on with, I like that.

Looks like a proper job too, nice one.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 03:48:57 AM by Capt Slog »

thirteen

• Single going totally off grid 1,1, 2013
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 08:49:32 PM »
I'm not sure where you live I'm in Montana. I assume you will have water that you could circulate to maybe give you some warm storage for cold nights at a later time. Looks like it will do the job you are after.

Just as a funny question what is your first crop going to be? Let us see what it looks like finished on th inside. Thanks for the pictures. Best of luck.  
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 08:49:32 PM by thirteen »
MntMnROY 13

jmk

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 03:26:47 PM »
  Nice job! What did you use for your glass panels?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 03:26:47 PM by jmk »

KilroyOdin

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 06:56:31 AM »
Hi, I used poly-carbonate corrugated sheeting.  It was vary easy to work with and I was surprised with how tuff the material is. I hope to see it still in good shape after a few winters.  
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 06:56:31 AM by KilroyOdin »