Author Topic: Boone Pickets and his plan  (Read 5520 times)

12AX7

Re: Boone Pickets and his plan
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2009, 10:03:24 PM »
Lite reading?  

Sorry, I haven't had the time to skim though the first page of the first issue, So I'll ask a quick question hoping for a quick answer.

Is there a page/issue where solutions are offered?

Reminds me of the early 60s..  telling people to go bomb their local campuses.

Sounds like they have given up on "cleaning up" Washington and want to get right to burning it down.

Not sure what all these magazines have to do with Boone Pickets.

Mark

« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 10:03:24 PM by 12AX7 »

12AX7

Re: Topic Drift Beware...
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2009, 10:16:03 PM »
Sounds like plenty of doom and gloom!

I've heard on the si fi channel that the end of the world is upon us, and it might have been Dec. of 2012.  

Maybe their right!  who knows?   If one really wants to believe that perhaps it's best if they would spend the rest of their time making peace with themselves and their god.

I doubt storing food or charged batteries will help much (delay their end for a bit?)

Worse case, Boone Pickets plan probably will not have been completed!

The good news...  He'll lose his shirt!  

I've young grandkids, I can't/won't give up on their futures.  I know things don't look real good and I doubt that I can, by my actions..  change things.  But that doesn't mean I'll give up.

Old Beatles songs come to my mind, since I never was able to carry a tune I'll just hum it to myself!   "L"

Mark

« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 10:16:03 PM by 12AX7 »

oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2009, 04:49:21 AM »
Mark.... you have till dec 2012..... to get that #@#@#@ water wheel built..... now get too it!

:)

........oztules

« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 04:49:21 AM by oztules »
Flinders Island Australia

12AX7

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2009, 04:03:35 PM »
Hello Oztules!

It's been a long time!  Hows things down under?  I understand a cyclone went through your area,  weather it okay?

Yes!   I understand that I'm now on a "time line" to finish my project!   I think I may be doomed!

I wonder if I have until 2012 to finish it....  or I've got until 2012 to use it?

It's still a project on the "shelf"..  just put back a ways.  I'm sure you understand how that goes!   a bathroom to finish and house to fix up..  A pair of Allen Organ tube amps to rebuild (pair of 6L6s)  great looking output transformers..  note the "look"  a ways to go before I can comment on their sound!  Also a pair of Dynacos Mark 3's.

I have added to my parts pile for the waterwheel project, if you have the time take a peek at my pics and look at the Kollmorgan servo motor,  I sure miss Zubbly!  I have a bunch of questions for him.  Take a look at the number of magnets and the way the rotor is made,  for all intents..  it's almost hollow,  very low in mass, but yet it's a beast to move around, as is the the stator.   I forgot (it's been over a year since I've played around with it) how much the motor weighs I'm guessing 80LBS (sorry, no metric values here!).  I sure has LOTS of magnets!  check out the surface area and compare it to what most motor conversions have.  If you check out the end view you can see how thin they are,  but that doesn't seem to be an issue.

not Sure the best way to configure it's wiring (not that it matters yet)  It has 3 leads for each phase (u,v,w)??  

I've a Kuboto tractor with a pto, was planing on spinning the motor with it and see what happens.   Tractor is 18hp should be able to put some sort of load on it (the servo motor).

Anyways..  I sure stuck my finger in the socket asking about Boone Pickets!

12ax7

Mark

« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 04:03:35 PM by 12AX7 »

oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2009, 05:58:45 AM »
Hi Mark,

Things going fine here....bit more water would be nice.. oh well..

You might have to get Tomw to push back the doomsday... until you finish off all those projects.

With the expected low rpm... maybe a tractor is the wrong thing to test with... but sounds fun anyway.

All the best with your health and your projects Mark, pleasure as always.

........oztules

« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 05:58:45 AM by oztules »
Flinders Island Australia