Logged in users > User Diaries

2HP Motor conversion Finished and flying

<< < (2/4) > >>

ghurd:
Looks great!

G-

ruddycrazy:
G'day Wpowokal,

Yep last year telsux decided to can the isdn so I decided to go sat and my user name is the same but just put westnet.com.au on the end. My missus tried several times to raise the seeds with no luck :(
Cheers Bryan

SparWeb:
Congratulations, Bryan!
Do you seriously have 3 meter blades on a 2HP conversion?  It solves the cogging but watch out for high speed in strong winds.  Peter's probably got you on the right track.
Let us know how it goes as you see it perform.
Thanks.

ruddycrazy:

--- Quote from: SparWeb on April 12, 2009, 01:42:15 PM ---Congratulations, Bryan!<p>
Do you seriously have 3 meter blades on a 2HP conversion?  It solves the cogging but watch out for high speed in strong winds.  Peter's probably got you on the right track.<p>
Let us know how it goes as you see it perform.<p>
Thanks.

--- End quote ---

Hehehe well only time has told how this wind genny has performed and it finally came down yesterday as it appeared one of the bearings was on the way out. The rear dual ball bearing had just about seized up(5203) and the front 6205 bearing is still in reasonable nic but got another to replace it. Looking thru one of my bearing box's I found that spare 5203 and my mate gave me a new 6205 as he reckoned that was the front bearing and he was spoton.

Now I did find when a real strong gale was blowing the 20 amp gauge was topped out and with my clamp meter saw 31 amps tops on a few occasions. I am thinking of the 'sore finger tradition' and giving this a rewind as I do have the wire and new insulation here.

The blades have held up pretty well with the epoxy paint the main problem to repair. Also the leading edge has copped some damage so after all repairs I'll get some gorilla tape and see how long that lasts.

I will take some pic's tomorrow.

Cheers Bryan

oztules:
Thats a few years under the belt now Bryan..How has it performed for you?

Has it helped greatly..... not much or usefully with your charging regime.... was it a raging success or just sso in other words.

I'm solar only now (13kw or more ), so don't need the mill anymore and it has been down for years now,.... but I still might do a Sparweb/Zubbly conversion... just to have something back up in the air... I miss seeing it turn, but don't need the power at all.
Would you consider it a worthwhile addition to your power regime?

............oztules

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version