Author Topic: Dream come true  (Read 1056 times)

A6D9

Dream come true
« on: October 14, 2009, 06:30:39 AM »
well this sat I am going to be taking another step towards my dream, to make a better world for all of our children to live in.  Doing my part.

Got a guy coming in who own a RE company and is somewhat new to the area.

I got on ym mind to get a 4 foot by 8 foot solair air pannel.  and while he is going to be here he will be doing a hydro assesement for my stream in the back yard.

we have made a few talks that my home may become a demo home for his company to showcase his work, in exchange of soem sort of discount on installign a system.

My goal is to have 2 air panels for heating my home with a wood furnace as a back up.  the hydro for electricity net meetered with ym local grid and some solar pannels for when the water don't flow enought.  and last but not least soem solar hydro flat plate collectors.

my goal will hopefuly be completed in 5 years to be off grid for electricity and for heat as well.

when I 1st bought my home a year ago last weekend, this was the main selling point in my eyes was the visions of the hydro and the south facing wall.

living in NB Canada it gets mighty cold here in the winter,  last year we had 2-3 weeks where the temps never went much more then -30 degrees...so this is a huge accomplishment for a young guy (28 years old) like me.

could of never done it without all the reading i have done on otherpower and fieldlines.  BIG THANK YOU TO ALL   :)

« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 06:30:39 AM by (unknown) »

veewee77

Re: Dream come true
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 08:10:38 AM »
I have a question, though. . . if it gets to -30 and stays there, won't that water freeze up and render the hydro generator useless?

Just wondering. . .

DS

« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 08:10:38 AM by veewee77 »

A6D9

Re: Dream come true
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 08:26:52 AM »
partialy, hence why i want to go net meter, so when it floods int eh spring, i could get a good 3-4KW/hr and then durign the winter use up my credits from spring/rain season.

in "normal" weather it flows approx 2-300 watts and i use approx 1KW/hr on avg.

but in the spring and after every rain it flows a good 3-4 KM/hrs for a few days/week afterwarts.   I expect to be able to fufill about 50-75% of my power needs with the hydro and solar will be abck up.   might even toss a small mill in the wind since I got over an accre of land...

« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 08:26:52 AM by A6D9 »