Logged in users > User Diaries

4kw motor Conversion

<< < (2/7) > >>

ruddycrazy:
Well Guy's got an email from china today, my 200 16x13mm N50 round neo's should be here before xmas. So here's to hoping they get here as I will have time over the xmas break to finish off the stator then do the 1 wire test. This will dictate the thickness I use for the space in each slot.
Cheers Bryan

ruddycrazy:
G'day Guy's,
                Finally got around to installing the first pole on the rotor, it was fun getting 21 of those 16x13 N50 magnets down, especially as I kept getting the poles wrong. I finally got all the mags down and the counter bored holes did make the magnets sit flat. Then I put some fences up and mixed some epoxy with the some Q-tip to thicken it up then poured the epoxy in and kept ramming it back in until it started going off. With a 5 day weekend here I did note the time I did the epoxy so in the next few days I'll have the rotor finished and be ready to do the one wire test.

Eh this project has been awhile since I last visited it so I do need to include some pic's of the work done in my IRC gallery.

Cheers Bryan

SparWeb:
Hi Bryan,

Looking forward to more progress on it.
Did you ever consider putting a skew in the laminations?

ruddycrazy:
Hi Steven,
               The way the housing was it wasn't possible to skew the lamination's so I machined up a new rotor and machined in pockets on a one lamination skew. Without the pockets there would be no way I could place the magnets and get them to stay put. Although this is in the true Zubbly tradition I do want to throw my twist in. Even if the epoxy doesn't stick to the magnets the counter bores will hold the magnets I'm sure.

When I do the second pole I'll keep you guys updated and there is a lot more to come.

Regards Bryan

ruddycrazy:
** Moderator note.  Not withstanding the general "no changing history" policy, this comment (and several others to follow) serve no useful purpose.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version