Author Topic: KEEP ADDING WATER TO OUTDOOR WOOD FURNACE  (Read 1321 times)

Justlogit

KEEP ADDING WATER TO OUTDOOR WOOD FURNACE
« on: November 08, 2008, 11:18:30 PM »
Hi I just installed a natures comfort outdoor wood furnace.  The furnace works very well but we are adding a little water each day.  Our water float drops down where we can't see it.  When I go to add the water it only takes approximately 1/2 gallon of water.  We have been running the stove for approximately 2 weeks.  The last week the weather was unseasonably warmer.  I can't see any visible leaks anywhere.  We are quite puzzled.  Does anyone have any advice?  Thanks Don

Gotta be a more appropriate forum someplace. OFFTOPIC

« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 11:18:30 PM by (unknown) »

kurt

• website
Re: KEEP ADDING WATER TO OUTDOOR WOOD FURNACE
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 04:39:46 PM »
most of those water jackets on those things have a vent open to the air so that they cannot build up pressure and explode so therefore they are free to evaporate your water away as hot water tends to do a half gallon a day does not amaze me but what does amaze me is why they only made a half gallon from the full to the add point in that design??? or why they did not incorporate some automatic way of keeping it full of water....  sounds like a really poor design to me.... unless you are reading the fill gauge wrong.

i can just see you out there at -10 f messing with a bucket of water trying to fill it up

« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 04:39:46 PM by kurt »