Author Topic: any drawings for small instant propane water heater?  (Read 1416 times)

ourfarm

any drawings for small instant propane water heater?
« on: October 03, 2004, 02:43:24 PM »
Hi;

After the hurricane a 5000 watt genny gave us enough power for frig,lights,fans,

1HP 220volt well pump and TV(using proper load mgmt).

I have seen(online) 'camp showers' that put a heat exchanger on a propane cooking burner to generate warm or hot water.Has anyone built or seen what the heat exchanger looks like?

I envision two headers with 1/8" copper tubes(scaled down solar collector?) to sit on the burner and plumb inline into the water heater output.Is this overkill ? I am in Fla and hurricanes usually come when it is hot.

I am thinking about a 30 gallon potable barrel to run my well pump in batch mode,then

gravity feed the house(yes the pressure will be almost nil)but that will prevent me from cycling the pump breaker to use the watts elsewhere and the water can warm to maybe 80 degrees or warmer.After seeing all of my shigles ripped off I would not want

to rely on a solar collector short term after a hurricane.

Anyone use a propane cooking burner to heat water inline? It does not need to be hot,just not cold ;) .

Thanks

Ourfarm
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 02:43:24 PM by (unknown) »