Author Topic: lorenzetti  (Read 4423 times)

timewarp

lorenzetti
« on: February 09, 2005, 04:45:25 PM »
Hey there, anyone used the lorezetti electric shower head elements?? They seemed to be pretty popular in Costa Rica when I went for a visit. Don't know how many amps they draw, maybe long forced showers during windy days for a dump load.

They look a little unsafe, but I have never heard of an electrocution while showering.

Paul L
« Last Edit: February 09, 2005, 04:45:25 PM by (unknown) »

marv

Re: lorenzetti
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 03:46:57 PM »
Hi Paul L,    Here's there web link. They specify 127v/220v  2500w

http://www.lorenzetti.com.br/ing/duchaintima.htm#

Marv.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2005, 03:46:57 PM by marv »

drdongle

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 05:48:10 PM »
Any one know a US distributor for this product??

« Last Edit: February 09, 2005, 05:48:10 PM by drdongle »

Gary D

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 08:06:29 AM »
Dr.D, it's basically a tankless hot water heater(in the showerhead). If no-one carries them, you could cap the hot water in pipe, wye the cold and tap one side for the hot with the appropriate size tankless unit( in the wall access panel). Either way, you'd need to fish a wire with a ground fault. Sorry, I know this isn't what you were after, just a possible alternative... Gary D.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 08:06:29 AM by Gary D »

drdongle

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 03:21:49 PM »
I contacted the Mfgr. they say that there not available in the US due to compliance issues ( UL aproval I would think)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 03:21:49 PM by drdongle »

Gary D

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2005, 08:42:20 AM »
Dr D., figured the UL wouldn't like the possibility of electricution... main reason for an alternative in the wall. Another option is a growing movement into a small pump with a temp sensor pushing the chilled (hot water in the line) back into the cold line until the hot reaches a set temp. This will keep your waterpump from kicking on until you actually use water. So you save a few watts there and a few ounces (quarts?) of water possibly. If you have a sand mound system, a few watts there also (less for the trash pump). Biggest drawback there is it's a phantum load (remote control capability) which could be overridden by a simple on off switch. Our co-op wrote an article on these this month... Again off the subject line. My apologies... Gary D.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 08:42:20 AM by Gary D »

pepi

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 12:53:11 PM »
The product is brazilian and I have personally used in brazil for months and months with great satisfaction.

Anothe couple of hundred million people use it daily in brazil.

It's probably the best way to save energy and water I have ever seen in an application which is responsible for among the worse energy wastes on earth.

Coupled with high efficiency modern electricity generation, like the 65% gas turbines, this system is more energy efficient and low gwg emission than an instant gas water heater.

Not to speak about the friendliness of the manufacturing because of the small size and the saving in plumbing components (it eliminates the hot water plumbing.

It's available also as a generic water heater for bathroom, washer or kitchen use.

It seems to me completely safe, the 220 V is preferable and not more dangerous than the 115 in the states because the voltage to ground of both systems is the same in  usa.

I don't know how to get it here but similar models, made in colombia, are distributed on ebay as rv/campers water heaters.

Having seen both I would say the brazilian product seems better engineered but they both work.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 12:53:11 PM by pepi »