Author Topic: Norway Wave farm to produce 2.25 Mw  (Read 1890 times)

wooferhound

• SuperHero Member
  • Huntsville Alabama U.S.A.
    • Woofer Hound Sound & Lighting Rentals
Norway Wave farm to produce 2.25 Mw
« on: May 22, 2005, 06:37:28 PM »
CNN story

Norway to build Wave Farm to make 2.25 Megawatts energy from waves.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/05/20/norway.wave.power.ap/index.html

Another interesting part to the story was that Norway is the 3rd largest Exporter of oil, behind Saudi Arabia and Russia.

)- W o o f -(

« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 06:37:28 PM by (unknown) »

scoraigwind

• www.scoraigwind.co.uk
Re: Norway Wave farm to produce 2.25 Mw
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 03:40:24 PM »
You may have noticed that is a Scottish device they are using - the Pelamis.  They will be built not that far from here.  It's about time too.  there are thousands of big windmill all over the world but very little wave powered devices or tidal current devices out there. We need more diveristy to provide steady power.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 03:40:24 PM by scoraigwind »
Hugh Piggott scoraigwind.co.uk

jomoco

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 04:43:06 PM »
Nice post Woof!

Unfortunately it's just further proof that the Europeans are kicking our butt when it comes to implementing new RE technology.

I myself am in early stage negotiations with a large Dutch firm that's very interested in the PGS system. Hey you gotta move ahead and get things done with people that share your end goal values!

How's Russia?

jomoco

« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 04:43:06 PM by jomoco »

bob golding

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 05:43:42 PM »
talking about scottish companies and RE i  remember seeing a open university program years ago about about a glasgow  company howdens? having to close down there wind turbine operation because no one wanted them. how times change.

bob golding

« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 05:43:42 PM by bob golding »
if i cant fix it i can fix it so it cant be fixed.

bob golding

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 05:44:28 PM »
talking about scottish companies and RE i  remember seeing a open university program years ago about about a glasgow  company howdens? having to close down there wind turbine operation because no one wanted them. how times change.

bob golding

« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 05:44:28 PM by bob golding »
if i cant fix it i can fix it so it cant be fixed.

wooferhound

• SuperHero Member
  • Huntsville Alabama U.S.A.
    • Woofer Hound Sound & Lighting Rentals
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 12:10:03 PM »
Russia is a Great place to visit, but I would'nt want to live here !

I've been looking for some evidence of Renewable energy here and have been very disapointed that I haven't seen one solar cell or wind generator at all. Guess Russia has too much oil to worry about it.

Today we got about 75 miles out of town and BANG, There it was, a 12 foot wind generator about 40 feet high at a residence. No wind today so it was not spinning. It was not a genny that I had seen before, but I could tell it was factory made. Tried to get a picture of it but it was on the otherside of the car and I was trying to make the photo "blind" over the roof. Can't tell if I got the picture on the small screen on my camera.

I've been very busy so haven't been able to write more updates to Russian power. I have plenty to write about and pictures too. will be back in the States on May 26 and home on the 30th. Expect a buncha posts from me shortly after that.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 12:10:03 PM by wooferhound »